Now I'm Convinced There Probably Is No God

by pale.emperor 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

RedVip, the mere thought of just contemplating that mathematical fact is simply so overwhelming , stunning! So simply put but so phenomenal

• dogon
    dogon

Personally I am an agnostic. IMO there is at this point of human history no way to prove god does not exist nor that he does. One simply takes what we do know and selects what you feel comfortable with. I can do this because its a toss of the coin. Life as complex as it is and diverse seems like its hard to believe that natural selection can account for this and there is no evidence that a higher power exists so agnostic.

• cofty
    cofty
    IMO there is at this point of human history no way to prove god does not exist nor that he does.

That is only true if we refuse to define "god" using words that actually mean anything. If by "god" we mean a supernatural creative being who is active in human affairs, the god of christians for example, then yes we can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that she does not exist.

its hard to believe that natural selection can account for this

Every living thing evolved from a common ancestor. Natural selection was one of the primary factors. It only hard to believe until you make the effort to study the evidence.

I don't believe in agnostics.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Good to know someone lives nearby , Went to WM some years dark with the children, truly thought provoking.

• Tapioca
    Tapioca

Thank you so much,baker for the post.

I really enjoyed both the music and the visuals. It was also helpful (for another reminder of scale) to have the retracing at the end. I believe we should all watch this video every morning just after we wake up and while we are having coffee/tea. It would keep us awe-stricken and humble. What a lovely, lovely production. Thanks again!

• LaurenM
    LaurenM
    I'm still not sure what I believe. But I like the scripture that says, "God is love". I like to take that literally. God is the goodness, kindness and humanity in people. The "devil" is evil and hatred in people who hurt others...all religious circle around this simple principal. Do good (aka act in a way that benefits, or at least doesn't harm others) and goodness will come to you. Do bad (hurt people, lie to people, steal, cheat, etc.) and badness will be returned. It's simple cause and effect. A karmactic boomerang. That's why I try to not be too hard on myself for my "sins" of fornication...because it didn't hurt anyone. In fact, it probably brought them pleasure lol. But since it hurt me, I won't do it again. Right and wrong is what is right and wrong for you and has a positive/negative impact on others.
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So you are "certain" of the "confidence" of his non existance?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

All created things are contingent. God is said not to be contingent. That's the best argument for God in my view.

• cofty
    cofty
    God is said not to be contingent. That's the best argument for God in my view - SBF

That isn't an argument for god's existence. It's just a bit of sophistry.

I like the scripture that says, "God is love". I like to take that literally. God is the goodness, kindness and humanity in people. - LaurenM

So god is nothing but a metaphor for stuff we ought to approve of?

• DJS
    DJS

PE,

I'm sorry but until you remove the "probably" from your statement the atheist society cannot accept your membership application.

And as much as we want, we can not share our secret hand shake/fist bump with you nor invite you to our monthly gatherings wherein we mock believers and act all carnally.

Rules!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit