Now I'm Convinced There Probably Is No God

by pale.emperor 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

We have any number of different 'holy books' The Koran, the Bible the Egyptian holy books, Hindu etc. etc.

What we don't have is proof that these various gods have communicated with anyone. I find that the gods of silence that have Holy books dedicated to them...........those books are just a bad translation of that silence. They make no sense because it's garbage in........ garbage out.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember my sisters used to call my brother crazy for even hypothesizing that there might be life on other planets. Looking back, theists are using the same reasoning for their faith in a god as UFO-ists (what's the correct term here?) are for aliens surely?

Came out of the museum a happier and more convinced man. Maybe i should start believing in Gandalf.

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

The music is mesmerizing, kinda like a hyponitic effect. I saw this a few years ago, but I still like to watch it over and over, showing how insignificant our planet is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Now I'm Convinced There Probably Is No God

Considering all the indoctrination that was pounded into our heads..

It`s a stunning revelation,once you come to that conclusion..

Now I`d be more concerned if there "Was No Beer"..

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Then if I do have one off the wrist, he'll kill me.

LOL

problems really kick in if you start to think about god when you do !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pale.emperor - "...Maybe i should start believing in Gandalf."

He did sacrifice himself to save the Fellowship...

...and was resurrected.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I became convinced when viewing the Paleontology exhibition at the L.A. Museum, I was 47 years old..Not my first time visiting museums but this time after walking away from JW and observering T-Rex I thought, WTH........

• Heaven
    Heaven

pale.emperor said: This particular lecture explained about our galaxy, and how it's only one of billions in the universe.

Some of my fave websites are Nasa's. Their Kepler Mission has so far discovered 20 other candidate planets, besides Earth, in the habitable zone of stars ( https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/kepler/astronomers-help-focus-research-in-the-search-for-another-earth) nine which have been previously investigated and determined to be verified planets, including notables like Kepler-62f, Kepler-186f, Kepler-283c, Kepler-296f and Kepler-442b.

Knowing that amino acids, the building blocks of proteins/life, have been found in meteorites that have landed on Earth, it is not a far reach at all to conclude life could very well exist elsewhere in our Universe.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

And, allegedly, Jehovah created it through his son Jesus (Michael) and gets upset if i dont underline my Watchtower? And is really bothered whether i pray to him or not? The idea is absurd to me.

Yes, I completely agree with that. I still don't (never did) see the correlation between the universe and its complexity, and stupid nonsense such as having a beard, who do you choose to form a family with, being late for a meeting, wearing long skirts (that is the women), what kind of haircut is appropriate, what kind of music is OK to listen to, and the list of stupid demands goes on and on and on.

I have posted before that if any human being behaves like the WT's Jehovah, that person will be under medication for paranoia, schizophrenia, narcissistic personality disorder, and bipolar disorder. The behavior of that so called god is just insane.

Thanks for sharing.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Watching it made me feel rather foolish for ever believing in a God in the first place. Billions of galaxies, billions of stars, one of those stars is our sun, and somewhere a little speck of dust happens to be our earth and somewhere on there is little old me

I can relate. I went through the same thing a few years ago. I was in Washington DC at the IMAX theater of the space museum, and I saw a documentary about the Hubble telescope which is narrated by Leo DiCaprio. Much of it is about what has been observed by Hubble telescope. Among other things, there were references to billions of galaxies, each containing billions or stars. Galaxies so far that the light getting to us left before the earth even existed....etc

I recall walking out of the theater, shocked by our insignificance, certain that no creator existed or cared. We are a lucky product of circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit