What do you belive happens to us after we die?

by Singing Man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    When we die, we rot away to nothing.

That's it.

OK Alan.....I'm callin you on the carpet on this one. I want documentation and proof!

Seriously.....you mentioned it's comforting to know we just whither away. I am different on this. It bugs the hell out of me to think that I might not ever exist again. I realise when your dead, nothing will bug you. It's thinking that it's a possibility you will never live again ....WHILE YOUR ALIVE, thats hard for me to swallow.

Gumby

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

We are living in eternity right now this very instant, so enjoy each moment of life as a gift. Whether there is more to our existence after we die, we don't know. We create our own heaven or hell right here on earth. That is the way I believe.

Will

• franklin J
    franklin J

Singing man,

I was raised a JW too, and just recently lost my father. Life does teach us lessons , if we are willing to learn.

I can tell you, I honestly believe he is still around me. I can feel his prescence, and that may be a psycological thing. However, I do believe we move on . I tend to agree with Sironas post, there is something that we move on to; a passage. Gut instinct; my recent experience with my Dads passing; I strongly believe this based on my "animal" instincts, which have brought me thus far since JW land. There were too many odd coincidences since my Dad passed. And they might just be that--odd coincidence.Or it could be that residual of spirit/ energy. It is not a bad feeling or a fear of death. Instinctively, I know it is and will be all right.

Science has proven that energy cannot be destroyed--can only change form. Interesting. I have no real evidence to support my argument---and I will not say it is a leap of faith.

LOL for Alan F's "bug story". Hey Alan, if you are reading this, I saw the movie " A Bugs Life".

Is that what they taught you up at MIT? LOL!

Frank

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I'm sure we will come back as something else to have another life. I wanna be a Cat

-¤-*C.C*-¤-

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

When you die your immortal soul goes to a garage in Buffalo NY where's is stripped down for spare parts and recycled into greater or lesser beings, you might be combined with someone to become a world leader...or sliced up and become a cow, or a dog, or a member of the GB. Those who are combined but who don't integrate become those we know with Multiple Personality Disorders and Schizophrenia.

Those who are sliced up but stuck back into human bodies become members of the Governing Body, or the guy you see on TV describing what the tornado sounded like as it went through his front yard (barely missing the three junked cars).

Look at Catholic Doctrine...that's what I believe...immortal Soul...heaven or hell.

• Enishi
    Enishi

After our physical body dies, our soul will gradually ascend through the different levels of heaven, passing purgatory on through lower realms of the desire plane up to a higher level where we will live in happiness for as long as we wish. After that, our desire body will die, and our soul will pass on to higher levels of abstract thought, where the fruits of the past life will be added to the core of our being, which is an inseparable part of God, and then will descend again to start a new life.

However, the personality that we had in this lifetime will not live on, though it will have a great effect on our next lifetime. So in this sense, you and the name you go by at this point will die, so there is still the reality of loss that must be accepted.

I've always had a deep feeling that death is not the end. Matter and energy cannot be destroyed, only changed into a different form, why not consciousness? Still, I don't know for sure. Just believing is not enough, I need a personal experience that confirmes my convictions.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

we fertilize flowers

• Carmel
    Carmel

Long sense gave up the notion that all we are is a bag of protoplasm as the JUU's and materialists claim. Adhere to the notion that we are spiritual entities having a material experiance. Looking forward to the next phase but enjoying the heck out of the present circumstances.

caveman

• fran
    fran

In the Revelation,john saw "the dead,small and great,stand before god;and the books were opened;and another book was opened;which is the book of life;and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books,according to their works"(Rev 20:12).

The "dead" in Christ shall rise as the scriptures say."They that have done good,unto a ressurection of life";and in like manner the "wicked dead"shall be raised,"they that have done evil,unto the ressurection of damnation"(John 5:29).

Death crystallises the spiritual state of men and women.The prophet daniel reminds us of some awaking to everlasting life and some to "shame and everlasting contempt (danl,12 2.

When Jesus was dying on the cross,he prayed for His father toreceive his spirit,At stephen's martydom he prayed to Jesus to receive His spirit,

I believe the Day of the Lord,the day of God,Jesus coming,the day of judgement,and the last day.the ressurections,the last trump,all will take place in one day.

Fran

• bebu
    bebu
    Death crystallises the spiritual state of men and women.The prophet daniel reminds us of some awaking to everlasting life and some to "shame and everlasting contempt (danl,12 2.

I like how you expressed that, Fran.

I think it will be made clear whom we have become in God's sight, and whatever happens to us: heaven, hell (annihilation even?), will not be met with by arguments from us. I note too in Matt. 25 that actions that sprung from compassion were the trait that differentiated sheep from goats--not a precise church theology!

The decision to live as wisely and as compassionately as possible is the best decision to make as an individual. When you realize even your very best isn't so great, you start to see why we need mercy... (Believing in Justice is a spiritual part of being human!)

I also agree that the present is how we live in/intersect eternity. I believe that we are immortal beings.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit