What do you belive happens to us after we die?

by Singing Man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

OK. Czar took my poem! I know what will happen when I die. I'll get embalmed and my body will be placed in a masouleum with benches for my friends to sit and mourn my passing. In about 1000 years some archeologist will discover my burial place and remove my leathery body to display in a museum. They'll study me intensely. My photo will be on the cover of the NEW National Geographic, and at last --- I will be thin. They will mis pronounce my name... but many newborns will be given my name anyway. How will they describe me? Female, about 99 yrs old, platinum hair, no plastic surgery, one ring on left hand, earrings in 8 pierced holes. Her own teeth!!! She must have been quite the robust warrior. Male found in adjacent chamber with a broken heart.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Agnostic on the issue of life after death, but since there is no solid proof that there is some sort of afterlife, my tendancy is to believe that I'll simply be what I was before I got here; nonexistant. But if it turns out I'm wrong and there really is something, I probably won't complain (), but I'm certainly not making any plans around such a thing happening.

• gumby
    gumby

Have you noticed that there is a different slant on everyones view........and nobody really has the slightest clue if they are right or wrong? Everyone just guesses with absolutely zero proof of anything. Oh well, I guess it gives us something intresting to do with some or much of our time and thoughts. What the hell else would we think about..........?

Gumby

• chappy
    chappy

We go back home. Life here is part of our education. Remember how God told Jeramiah that He knew him even before he was born?

later,

chappy

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I think I'd address the question from two different angles:

1) Where was I before I was born? I just was not, and I won't be anymore. The sunshine was no less bright before I was here to see it, and it won't be less bright afterwards. It will just be seen through different eyes.

2) What am I? As a biological individual in the human species I am also a "subject" of language and culture. What I call "I" is also the result of thousands of people I have met, either personally or through cultural media (tales I heard, books I read, movies I watched and so forth). These people I bear, consciously or not, in what I call "me". Even while I'm alive I'm already living in people I met and to whom I gave something of myself, whether I'm aware of it or not. This is not to stop when I die. In that sense I believe in "resurrection in the flesh". That is, in the others' flesh.

(Typical European thinking I guess...)

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Ok say we die, rot away and are eaten by bugs. It's our shell that is eaten and we are all part of the food chain of life. That's not to say what is inside the shell is gone! We live on! That part that is "us" can not be rotted away or eaten by bugs.

• gumby
    gumby
    Life here is part of our education. Remember how God told Jeramiah that He knew him even before he was born?

What exactly do all the starving people on this planet who have never learned of christ learn?

Is the bible god really so loving that he would train his children in such a fashion as that? We are created in his image yet there isn't one sane person on this earth who would "train" their own children in such a manner.

Gumby

• mustang
    mustang

I'll go with "Agnostic on the issue of life after death" as Crownboy said.

But perhaps, we all have and live in different universes, made with our minds. In that case, it is likely that we all will get a different eventuality

And further, there may be a great God (or principle), MURPHY be his name, who will insure that we all get the opposite of what we figured on....

One thing is sure, under the "Church of UNITY AT ALL COSTS" (JW's, that is), you can't even speculate

Mustang

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't think anyone can know for certain but I think everyone should have the right to take a position that feels right to them. I personally am not sure what happens when you die. As mentioned already in the topic it irks me to think about simply ceasing to exist. A number of people also commented on how everything is recycled in nature and how matter and energy change states. Perhaps when we die our bodies (matter) become energy (a spiritual form). Whether we are consciously aware of it or not I have no idea. I do know if several consciousnesses are forced into sharing the same soul things could get mighty crowed (and noisy!)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well, you certainly convinced me chappy.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit