What do you belive happens to us after we die?

by Singing Man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Singing Man/Shane,

I don't know how reasonable my belief is to others, but, since I have been out for 5 years, I've done alot of research into different spiritual thoughts and beliefs, and since I now practice an earth based spirituality, I believe that our bodies return to the earth to become part of the cycle of the natural world........but, I believe that we have a "soul" that goes on.........I believe when we die that we return to our "universal source" where we do a life review. Not sure how long all of that takes. Then, we have a choice as to whether we want to return to earth in another body to further garner experiences for our soul growth............I also believe that some "souls" have gone beyond that need, and become "helpers" or "guides" for other "souls" who need it. I've based this belief on what I've read, also on the fact that everything in our universe seems to follow a cyclical pattern..............it makes sense to me.

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I am really really enjoying reading everyone's responses............even those that tend to "fluff" it off, like AlanF. (imo) None of us have a right to try to intimidate or make fun of anyone else here on the board. We are all just expressing our own personal belief systems. We have a right to those. What does it matter really if Alan believes we feed bugs, or if some of us believe in an afterlife. Why be critical of anyone's posts? I don't get it.....we left the Borg because we weren't free to believe what we felt in our hearts, so why then inflict the same behavior on people that come here for refuge and support? I'm sorry, I'm starting to climb on my soapbox here, but, I just feel so hurt when I see this behavior. Perhaps I'm just taking things too seriously..............anyways, I'll shut up now, but, I just want everyone to know that I enjoyed reading their posts, and grow from reading them. By the way, I got alot out of Neale Donald Walsch's Conversations With God series, if anyone else wants to check it out.............just a suggestion, not an order.

Terri

• gumby
    gumby
    I like the idea of having ashes turned into a diamond; there's a few companies that will manufacture a synthetic diamond out of cremation ashes!!

Ab, your a damn jewell!

To take this a step further......I hear they can take a mans testicles, put them under tremendous pressure.....and make a fire opal out of them...(nutsack removed of course)

I think we should start an apostate museum of stuffed apostates. It would be like an art gallery of Famous and not so famous apostates that future heathen bastards could come to visit.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You're looking to stuff me, Gumby?
    You could have been more discreet about it!!!

I believe the soul goes on...
    Holding that opinion harms no-one, and if I'm wrong I'm not going to know much about it

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

gumby:

I hear they can take a mans testicles, put them under tremendous pressure.....and make a fire opal out of them...

They'll have to ?ucking well catch me first!!!!!

*runs screaming*

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

don't know

but we'll find out the day after we die

i kinda like not knowing, makes it exciting

i am finally free of all the JW crap,

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

worm food

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ok gonna answer first and read then :

We return to dust as particles ... to energize mother nature (you know just as proton and electron) to bring the future lifes (all of us in something else a kind of circle) we probably walk on / or eat a part of us ex lifes energies every day

that is what I want to believe ...

• gumby
    gumby
    that is what I want to believe

And this is why christendom flourishes. People believe what makes them feel good regardless of the truthfulness of the mater. I suppose in this case babyface, it does'nt hyrt anything. I think we all "fantasize" about things which are not truth or reality.

Gumby

• jonnydangerous
    jonnydangerous

My take on the human afterlife is that it really isnt an afterlife... just another aspect of it. I couldnt ever accept the JW teaching of "nonexistence after death"...how do you explain talking without opening of your own mouth if nothing is inside of your body, occupying it? Where do those thoughts exist at? How come I can make them just by... well making them out of nothing? I'm so confused by myself i need to lie down... plus its 5:45 am (insomniac )

-- Nny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit