Hailstones (2)

by NotFormer 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

With the change to reporting field service and now allowing people to repent during the GT, presumably up until Armageddon, I'm assuming that the "Hailstones" message is now permanently on hold. Can someone explain this to me; am I understanding this right?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seems so.

Can’t see how you can have the latter if you subscribe to the former.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

i was wondering that too.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Hailstone message you say? It's pretty much on, just watch the short video on the December broadcast on their official website...

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The WTBT$ "hailstones message" was always a make-believe twist of what the Bible says, just like the FD$ teaching.

The hail in Revelation is from Jehovah Himself, not from JWs.

Revelation 11:19

"And the temple sanctuary of God in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen in his temple sanctuary. And there were flashes of lightning and voices and thunders and an earthquake and a great hail."

The "hail" is figurative of God's judgment first on religion and then on government.

Isaiah 28:17

"And I will make justice the measuring line

And righteousness the leveling tool.

The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies,

And the waters will flood out the hiding place."

The plagues of Revelation are all figurative of God's judgment against first religion and then government. It has nothing to do with some tract from WTBT$. WTBT$ is going to be one of the first institutions swept away by the hail.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I know,I know, but the first post just asks if the JW hailstone message it's on, well it's on.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

They are so ridiculous. They can't make "hail". Moses didn't make hail. Elijah didn't make hail. Jesus didn't make hail. The prophets announced things that Jehovah would do and then they glorified Jehovah when He did them. The judgments were from God, not from the prophets. The GB/FD$/WTBT$ are so presumptuous, just like Pharaoh the so-called god of the sun. Ridiculous. The figurative plagues of Revelation will show all those fakers who want to be idolized are ridiculous frauds. Hail, indeed!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Yes, I think that the point is not the legitimacy of their hailstones interpretation, but what they currently believe about it. And within that belief, the recent announcements seem to preclude that "hailstones message" from ever happening. The GB have basically painted themselves into a corner on this one.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"The GB have basically painted themselves into a corner on this one.""

And once they do this,,,they cant go back. They cant backtrack. It can only happen once

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Surely they give the message....then comes the repenting??😬

They Can't have it both ways..their old 'its too late' is not compatible with a last minute change of heart?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit