They Hypocrisy of the Trump Admistration on St. Patricks Day

by ctrwtf 44 Replies latest members politics

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    Trump's heart is in the right place but unfortunately his brain is down somewhere where he sits most of time.

I agree, I'm totally on board with massive infrastructure programs, cheaper healthcare that covers everybody, and creating jobs. I'm still waiting to hear how that can be done by slashing budgets, giving the wealthy tax breaks, and letting the market dictate health costs while beefing up the military.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I gave $35 to Meals on Wheels this week. That's more than they would ever get from me personally in a lifetime of taxes. (Only 3.3% of their budget comes from the federal grant in question...Hillary could cover that with one or two speaking engagements.)

A donation is truly altruistic. Forcing taxpayers to fund private organizations, even ones with noble causes, is not altruistic. It's fascism. You don't get to opt out of taxes. The most you can do is elect and support candidates that promise to use taxpayer money in a different way.

Dont like trump's budget? Vote him out in 2020. What if you lose? Deal with it. Many didn't like Obama's budget either. But guess what. They dealt with it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Jehalapeno,

Forcing taxpayers to fund private organizations, even ones with noble causes, is not altruistic. It's fascism.

You cheapen the meaning of the word fascism.

noun: fascism; noun: Fascism; plural noun: Fascisms
    1. an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
      • (in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Jehalapeno,

Dont like trump's budget? Vote him out in 2020. What if you lose? Deal with it. Many didn't like Obama's budget either. But guess what. They dealt with it.

No, they did not deal with it. They were constantly screeching at Obama for the silliest of reasons other than the budget.

• bohm
    bohm

A government program to feed the elderly is fascism!?

L - O - L

Yes, my grandpa rarely spoke of the war, but I remember he placed me on his lap and said:

Son, remember this. There were ambiguous warning signs with Hitler, like castrating the mentally ill, the pogroms, curtailing the free press, dissolving parliament, turning the country's economy into a giant war machine, invading neighboring countries, state-sponsored propaganda and the holocaust. But I tell you this: When they begin to make government-subsidized food programs to feed the elderly, THEN you shall know you are dealing with FASCISM and you must rise up!

I am also a bit confused. Yesterday you wrote:

Trump's EPA gave 100 million dollars to Flint Michigan to fix their water infrastructure

...you made that sound like this is the kind of "fascism" you condone, but at the same time you are (I assume!) excited that Trump will cut the EPA by more than 30% because ... it is fascism?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Fascism is one of the most often misused and widely misunderstood political terms. Publicists of both the left and right use the term “fascist” not to describe but to discredit and smear adversaries.

Mark Weber, Institute for Historical Review. May 9, 2012

• bohm
    bohm
    Forcing taxpayers to fund private organizations, even ones with noble causes, is not altruistic. It's fascism.

I for one am happy the great generation, which fought the Wehrmacht on the beaches of Normandy, do not have to suffer the insult of a government-subsidised meal.

They must certainly be proud to learn that as they fought fascism abroad in the fields of France, so this brave generation fight fascism at home by not squandering its money on providing them basic nutrition in their old age.

This tremendous sacrifice, a few cents of saved taxes, shall surely be remembered as the day America said "NO" to the jackboot of fascism!

• Hecce
    Hecce

ctrwtf

Personally, I'd rather risk the unlikely scenario of being killed in an Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist attack against selling my soul and principles to deny fellow humans a chance at life and prosperity.

Please don't get offended but the above sounds naive.

The Middle Easterners want to chop our heads and our other neighbors don't show much respect for us;

Image result for illegal immigrant taunting picture

• bohm
    bohm
    The Middle Easterners want to chop our heads and our other neighbors don't show much respect for us;

Got it. Wow. Something should really be done to these people.

But what about the Jew and the negro?! what does the jew and the negro want?!

Please enlighten me with the correct racial stereotypes.

• bohm
    bohm

Oh wait a second perhaps my question was stupid. Isn't "a Jew" == "a Middle Easterners" by definition? So I guess the Jews want to chop our heads off too?

That's new. At least they no longer want to steal our children and drink their blood, as I have otherwise read from a reputable source.

Or perhaps they want to do both, I guess chopping someone's head of and using their blood are not mutually exclusive but rather a rather hand-in-hand kind of thing no? Can you please enlighten me on this important racial point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit