They Hypocrisy of the Trump Admistration on St. Patricks Day

by ctrwtf 44 Replies latest members politics

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Just pondering the hypocrisy of the Trump administration's Muslim Ban. On St Paddy's day Trump, Bannon, Kelly and good ol Kelly Anne Conway (nee Fitzpatrick) all descended from the arguably poorest immigrants to wash ashore of America, have the nerve to ban the latest wave of poor immigrants. Maybe they should recall how the protestant majority of the 1840's cried about the Papist Hordes of Irish Catholics with their weird rituals.

I know, the first of you to argue with me will cry foul because the terrorists are knocking at our door! Well let me remind you of Tammeny Hall, Whitey Bulger, Mickey Bowers or Henry Hill. All terrorists, but because they were white and christian were labeled as "criminals".

Personally, I'd rather risk the unlikely scenario of being killed in an Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist attack against selling my soul and principles to deny fellow humans a chance at life and prosperity.

Just my two cents. Happy St Paddy's Day!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Blah blah blah, Trump's a meanie.

Blah blah blah, his followers are degenerates.

Blah blah blah, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, and he only got in power thanks to fake news.

• bohm
    bohm
    garyneal: Blah blah blah, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, and he only got in power thanks to fake news.

Q: What is the name of the annoying tendency of some liberals to perceive criticism as a personal attack and rather than answering the critique they turn it into a discussion of how they are victims of this supposed attack?

A: Victimhood culture.

BTW., where are all the Trump supporters celebrating how Trump has finally fixed Obamacare and given a health-care plan which will give greater health-care coverage to more people at a lower cost to them as Trump promised? I find it very grand of them that they don't take victory laps after this most recent vindication of Trump's policies.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    Blah blah blah, his followers are degenerates.
    Blah blah blah, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, and he only got in power thanks to fake news.

I didn't see a single one of those points mentioned in this thread. Reminds me of Jeffrey Sessions answering a question that wasn't asked.

Hoisting one to old St. Paddy!

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

And on St Paddy's day, mean old Trump's EPA gave 100 million dollars to Flint Michigan to fix their water infrastructure.

He's such an asshole, isn't he?

I sure wish we still had Obama who was using the Force of the Jedi to fix Flint.

• bohm
    bohm
    And on St Paddy's day, mean old Trump's EPA gave 100 million dollars to Flint Michigan to fix their water infrastructure

"Trump's EPA". Lol. Nonono, that is actually the EPA operating under Obama's budget. Trumps EPA will be slashed by more than 30 percent making it unable to enforce many environmental laws and squander money like that.

Trump though will help them by reducing the number of environmental laws including various pesky clean-water bills. If the problem in Flint is that the water does not contain enough things that isn't water Trump's budget is certainly good news!

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-epa-budget-cuts-would-make-many-environmental-laws-basically-unenforceable

• bohm
    bohm

Wow, 5 minus votes! Perhaps I should have included a trigger warning?

In all seriousness, I am happy that Trump supporters have simply decided to downvote my post rather than rubbing my face in how tremendously great tremendousness Trump's budget is. I understand this kind of cheering whenever your favorite political candidate does something he promised which you approve of is natural, and I really appreciate the restraint you guys are showing here. Thanks!

I mean, surely he is delivering on his promise to provide "healthcare to everyone" cheaper than Obamacare and that he is bringing in all kinds of great budget initiatives which will really help the forgotten people that shall no longer be forgotten such as seniors relying on meals on wheels!

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

ctrwtf bohm

After a quick glance at the dislikes, I have to conclude that we're still in the conservative time zones. Have to wait till later when the liberals wake up.

• Landy
    Landy

His snubbing of merkel was unbelievable. What a fucking narcissistic petulant child.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Wow, six likes for Garyneals complete and utter nonsense. He didn't address a single point the OP raised and instead mocked a Straw-man Argument.

Anyone thumbs upping such idiocy must clearly be an idiot themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit