They Hypocrisy of the Trump Admistration on St. Patricks Day

by ctrwtf 44 Replies latest members politics

• bohm
    bohm
    Is fighting illegal immigration tantamount to anti immigration?

no, but the travel ban also fought those who immigrated legally on valid greencards, which is kind of a major component of why many believed this was a poor law.

• Landy
    Landy
    Is fighting illegal immigration tantamount to anti immigration?

Isn't there already a ban on illegal immigration. On account of it being, well, illegal?

• Hecce
    Hecce

Univision senior anchor Jorge Ramos declared on Friday that the United States belongs to Latino migrants, emphatically stating to a Spanish-speaking audience that “it is our country, not theirs.”

Ramos took an unusual tack, pivoting from talk of diversity and togetherness into boasts of conquest. Mass immigration, particularly illegal immigration, was a fait accompli. There is nothing the U.S. can do about it, and they must accept that America is “not their” country and that illegal aliens, particularly Latinos, “are not going to leave,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/27/jorge-ramos-america-our-country-not-theirs-we-are-not-going-leave/

• bohm
    bohm

Hecca: Well, thanks for my daily dose of Xenophobia. "Our country". Uhh. sounds scary. The Mexicans are comin' to get you!

I am sorry to report that I had to do the typical liberal thing and find the quote in context. That turned out to be quite hard because the single line about "our country" has been repeated all over the right-wing-o-sphere. Anyway, turns out that what he says, in context, is that

"many people don't want us [latinos] to be here ... but you know what? This is also our country".

When he uses the statement, "our country", which I understand sounds scary, it is in that context of "also our country". The subsequent statement of "not theirs" is also made in this context, i.e. as referring to people who don't want latinos (such as him, a US citizen) to "be here".

And you know what? That is true, at least if you believe the US constitution(?). The US isn't white Americans and various racial groups who are allowed to live there as second class citizens, it is a country build on the idea all citizens are equal regardless of their racial background.

• Simon
    Simon
    Isn't there already a ban on illegal immigration. On account of it being, well, illegal?

You'd think ... but apparently, simply enforcing the law is racist and despicable. Except when Obama did it, in which case it was all wonderful.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Anyone who thinks Trump is good for america or the world - is making a serious mistake.

Also you would not be able to give one iota of evidence that he has done one positive thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Trump's heart is in the right place but unfortunately his brain is down somewhere where he sits most of time.

• bohm
    bohm

Simon:

I think that is simplifying things a lot. I don't think anyone(?) believes it is a good idea to deport all Mexicans who are in the US illegally because many have lived in the US for decades and the disruption it would cause, even just on an economic level, would be enormous. It isn't simply a matter of "upholding laws" or not.

Anyways, speaking of illegal aliens, Sebastian Gorka is apparently under investigation for alleged ties to a right-wing Hungarian group Vitezi Rend with nazi leanings, ties which if true would mean he concealed them during his immigration process.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sebastian-gorka-vitezi-rend-nazi-trump-2017-3

Gorka denies it but ... looksi what handsome bastard we got here in Vitezi Rend garment:

now I am not super good with faces so that might be vintage Leonardi De Caprio but it sure looks like Gorka may have to consider deporting himself.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Isn't there already a ban on illegal immigration. On account of it being, well, illegal? - there are millions of illegal immigrants in the US.

There isn't a ban on illegal immigration, or if there is, it isn't working.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Not to mention that everyone knows that the Irish were the original terrorists.

Oh yes, the old "Alarrum Clock and plug of Geliganite" gig.

The Irish were arguably the first country to succeed in winning their independence by the means of a terrorist campaign - although they would probably prefer to describe it as a "War of Independence"! (Just another example of how one peoples' "Terrorist" can be another peoples' "Patriot").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit