Is Satan really the bad guy in story of creation?

by evilApostate 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of EΚΉden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.

Since steel hadn't been invented yet, what was the sword made of?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I must say, I like this topic and appreciate all of your commentary.

I know I am not "dumb" (I was a born in and only woke up 4 1/2 years ago. Is that an excuse???) but I have never even thought of any of these great questions and statements.

Is this on topic or off? This question: Was God then, the first psychopath?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Also the word and the angel that's called cherubs, is from the religion of Zoroastrian. More proof the story was just a retelling of an older myth. Even the Sumerians wrote that they had contact with another older place called Arrata. This city may have been found east in modern day Iran. They found some religious artifacts of scorpionmen, again another mythological creature mentioned in sumeria and again in the book of Revelations.

Zoroastra comes from this part of the world and the concept of a bad god and a good god come from this religion too.

• moley
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Dude supposedly jobs whole family was killed , just to prove a point to satan, that job wouldnt talk shit. And satan supposedly is still around.....and ummm er .....job aint πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• schnell
  • smiddy
    smiddy

It`s all a political stunt , under the guise of relgion

Satan blames God

God blames Satan

The theocratic party

or

The Independant thinking Party

The bible is a campaign book offering both parties point of view

Who do you want to vote for God or Satan,you have heard both sides of the story , which one is telling the truth or are they both lying just to get your vote.

Or is one party or the other using half truths to muddy the waters.

And people are still debating which side won after all these thousands of years .

• schnell
    schnell

@Pete Zahut, this was my question to my wife. Who invented the sword?

Because if God invented the sword, what does that say?

The alternative is that he didn't invent it, and this is just a story. Right? Right.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    LoisLane looking for Superman
    . . . Is this on topic or off? This question: Was God then, the first psychopath?

Rather than comment perhaps we should let the bible speak. Who killed more people, god or Satan?

https://youtu.be/6IrtdLukslY

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Why a snake? I love them. Why not a evil Falmingo or goose...or rabbit. Oh thats right snakes in those times were associated with evil and magic. Like the snake that Moses held up to heal the snake bites. Was this the same snake as Eden?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit