Don't you think that some people are just better off within the org?

by paradiseseeker 58 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I respect the right for adults to do stupidity--and deal with the consequences, which could include final damnation for their souls. But, when you have children involved, these are too often the ones most deprived of everything normal. They can't go on class trips, they can't do anything that is even loosely associated with holidays, they never have fun during vacations (or any other time), they are always out 50 or 60 hours a month in field circus while such parents are pious-sneering, they get dragged to Israel when they decide to go there on a mission, they never get as much as an ice cream cone because of the money being thrown away, and so on.

If they need a set of strict rules, at least make them rules that go along with nature.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Long Hair Gal:

The reason many DFd go back and endure humiliation is because they are scared of the world they were not taught to live in.

I'd carry that statement just a bit further: "...the world they were not permitted to live in."

If they had been permitted freedom to live in it, with the ability to make sure of all things, they'd have awakened before the indoctrination enslaved them. Hopefully.

Fear does some really horrible things to an otherwise healthy mind.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Hi Paradiseseeker,

I agree, there are those who'd be lost if they didn't have somewhere like the JW's to go, and they are the scariest and most dangerous of all JW's to be related to or to be at the mercy of, such as in a judicial committee hearing etc.

A lot of people do better when they have a routine or a standard set of behaviors or rules to follow. The trouble is, that after being a JW, they've ruined you for anything else. JW's thoroughly and systematically discredit the whole world and everyone in it and make it nearly impossible to fully fit in anywhere else once you've been part of them.

Anyone who buys into the program fully, not even allowing themselves to consider alternative viewpoints, is the perfect candidate for climbing the ladder of JW success and having dangerous powers over others.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    MrRoboto3 hours ago3 hours ago
    berrygerry just curious can you give your top 3 best rated high control groups? (boy does that sound weird)

I have no idea.

But with Mormons, if you leave, you still have an education and career. Also, their shunning is nowhere as harsh as WT.

In the military, you get a salary with benefits and a pension.

Other than Scientology, I cannot think of a major high-control group worse than WT.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

IMHO I wouldnt classify military as a high control group (maybe in china or N.K.) you have more freedom there than most high control religions but yes you have to show for work and not do stupid stuff that makes them look bad to the general public.

also they dont care what you think / believe as long as it doesnt interfere with your duties.

totally agree on other points tho.

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

¡Muchas gracias Are you serious!¡Totalmente de acuerdo! 😂

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, like the canary that is too scared to fly away through an opened cage door, there are many that have become so institutionalized that they don't want to face the real world. They are safe where they are and would not leave.

Even if the GB were hauled off to jail and it were exposed to the world as a financial scam....they would find a way to rationalize that it was all just "persecution ".

• zeb
    zeb

A friend just quoted to me the words of a Roman historian, Salust who said, "The majority of men crave freedom, but in truth all they want is a just master." The gb are not just at all.

Edison must have been a follower of the roman when he noted, "5% of people think, 10% think they think and the remaining 85% are scared witless if they have to think".. .

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I was in church & kingdom halls...my take on if they would be better off in either one....Yes...most religious people are a little off...no balance...they feel entering the building makes them a Christian....don't have to do no Christian acts. They need structure otherwise they would fall apart...So, here's my take...would they be better off?

"Just think how bad they would be if they weren't in the hall/churches"....Some folks are so heavenly/paradise bound they are no earthly good.

Just think isn't it good they are contained...there are enough nuts running around...

Tor

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Are those in North Korea better off staying there believing their dear leader is their God, and making life better for them? Even the elderly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit