Don't you think that some people are just better off within the org?

by paradiseseeker 58 Replies latest jw friends

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

I say, lets find out! Lets tear down the tower and rid the planet of the 7 kings at their "house of god" maybe give them a nice hut to live in, in congo.

seriously though, No.

Because their security blanket can be destroyed thread by thread and their wall to the "world" can be demolished brick by brick. admittedly though it would be quite a feat and success is not a sure thing. it would likely take years for some folks, but IMHO it can be done.

If you are an elder, you may be able to expidite things a bit, they can get away with things that most folks cant and might be able to push some folks just enough to get them in the right state of mind to start to see ttatt. after that it can take care of itself for many folks.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PARADISE SEEKER:

It depends. If they are elderly let them stay there. Too old to start over.

NO ZOMBIE & HYBRIDOUS:

I agree with your posts. The reason many DFd go back and endure humiliation is because they are scared of the world they were not taught to live in. The religion provides a comfort zone for them. Well, it was no comfort zone for me and that's why I was able to walk away easily. It was a relief to be out.

Yes, it's a tragedy the religion renders its adherents helpless and it is certainly true that some would have no sense of identity or self if they left. They might have a mental breakdown. Let them stay there.

I am just glad I am out and have no family there.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think if someone is elderly has been in the thing for most of their life it might be better for them to live their remaining years tied to the WT corporation. It all depends on the person, some people after many years of indoctrination will find it very hard to start making their own decisions and might be better off just sticking with it if they don't have many more years left.

I was 48 when I learned TTATT, and was glad to get the hell out, I started using my brain again unlearning the WT indoctrination bull shit and start making my own informed decisions. It was hard and a lot of hard work but well worth it in my opinion, Only regrets I have is that I couldn't kick some Governing Body ass for all their bull shit they put me through. I like to take a baseball bat to these delusional mother fuckers if I could get away with it.

• cofty
    cofty

Ditto the above.

My parents are in their 80s and been JWs since their 20s. I hope they die in blissful ignorance expecting to wake up in paradise.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Question should be:

Does a percentage of the population need to be directed by a high-control group?

Answer: Absolutely.

Secondary question: Is Watchtower the best, or one of the best, high-control groups?

Answer: Absolutely not.

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

I couldn't have imagined that I would love so much this thread. Thank you for welcoming me and your enriching points of view, they are priceless food for thought.

And no-zombie, your words are very inspiring. Currently I'm PIMO and I know almost for sure that no one will follow me when I decide to take the final step, but certainly I'll be there whenever they need me.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Bienvenido paradiseseeker😀. I've had similar thoughts regarding certain ones in the congregations. If they are all in as a jw it may have a really bad effect on their lives if they awakened. Some have EVERYTHING riding on the paradise hope and resurrection. If they were to have an inkling of doubts their cognitive dissonance would kick in immediately to protect themselves and protect their hope. ¡Mucho gusto en escuchar de tí!

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

berrygerry just curious can you give your top 3 best rated high control groups? (boy does that sound weird)

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Those who are unknowingly deceived are never better off.

While they may feel confidently comfortable within The Cult it is only because they have fallen under its spell and bought the lies hook, line and sinker.

Look how many of the formerly deceived while waking up (PIMO) are unable to walk away from The Cult for fear losing family, friends and security. The Deceivers of WTBorg Cult Inc. have made sure that any who dare to exit The Cult will have to make exceedingly difficult and painful choices.

How can that be "better off" by any definition? Perhaps in this sense they are better off: during the period of Judgment the deceived will be held accountable for less than the deceivers.

The Really Good News is that none have to fear eternal destruction never to be raised from death. All will be healed and restored to life, even the worst of the sinners and killers as in the example of Saul who became Paul. As we are made to re-live whatever horrible deeds we may have done in this life there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth while in the Lake of Fire, but we'll survive and be fully cleansed. This present life is just the beginning of a future life without end!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I look at my own family members sometimes and some of the young ones even worry me because I think they lack a lot of skills to live in the "real world". In a lot of ways these congregations are places where people with multiple issues have a false sense of belonging and are accepted up to a point- while everyone waits for their problems to be fixed in paradise. If they do leave, it's going to be very, very difficult for them not just because they are coming out of a high control group, but because they have another set of challenges that play against them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit