Killed this bastrd today in my shrubs.

by rockemsockem 34 Replies latest social physical

• Onager
    Onager

I like snakes and have kept them as pets, but I live in a country where the only venomous snake would make me feel a bit woozy. When I was a JW, a brother from Zambia was visiting and he wouldn't even enter my room with a snake in a tank in it. He was a teacher and a smart guy, but his cultural learning made him deathly afraid of all snakes, regardless, which I guess makes sense if you live in a place where you could encounter a snake which could kill you.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

You can keep a snake but they will never be a pet. Definition of pet " a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure." You can not tame or domesticate a snake. They will never bond. Hell they don't bond with each other. they are like sharks, they kill eat fuck and crap rinse and repeat. What you think is a pet if big enough and a constrictor will kill you if they fell the urge or if poisonous will bite you eventually. Same with all reptiles, Gators will not bond to you. If you feed them you can keep them satisfied enough they may not kill but will if the urge comes strong enough. They are not your friends.

• atomant
    atomant

l wonder how Jehovah reacted to you killing one of his pet snakes that bite and kill humans?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would just get a stick, pin its head down and put it into a bag and relocate it somewhere. A copperhead is not going to bother you unless you mess with it, just like a rattlesnake. I saw several copperheads, and a few rattlers, when I lived in New York.

As for a cotton mouth (water moccasin), on the other hand .... I would not want to be anywhere near it. I would do whatever I could to kill it if it was in my yard. They can be very aggressive to people and animals and very poisonous. Recently here in Florida, a guy and girl were in his back yard after a heavy rain. The girl stepped into a puddle and there was a cotton mouth in there and it bit her. She nearly lost her leg were it not for a quick trip to the hospital here for anti-venom.

Those snakes can be bastards.

Rub a Dub

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

"I hate snakes"

"Why did it have to be snakes?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3ZIc5IL2w&feature=youtu.be

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROCKEMSOCKEM:

Snakes are disgusting (except maybe a little harmless garden snake).

As for those giant pythons in the Everglades and extending into surrounding communities - this is what you get when ignorant people get exotic pets possibly because it’s ‘macho’ - and are careless and the damn thing escapes or they release it into the wild because they can’t deal with it. Now, there’s an ecological disaster and snake catchers have to go out and capture giant deadly snakes in people’s yards!

Years ago, my parents in Florida averted a possible disaster when one evening my mother went to close a screen door and noticed an unknown type snake of good size in the doorjam. She got a broom and was able to fling it outside where it went into a drainage ditch. A little while longer and it would have been in the house slithering on the floor..Imagine going into the kitchen for a cold drink in your bare feet and stepping on that?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I have no problem with people killing venomous snakes on their own property.

Property owners have a right to protect their loved ones or friends that may be wandering the property.

I've killed a few rattlers on family land in Texas. I didn't take glee in it though. It was just a thing that had to be done because my 4 & 5 year old loved playing outside.

Taking pleasure in killing, though, makes you a pretty low IQ individual in my opinion.

• Onager
    Onager
    You can keep a snake but they will never be a pet. Definition of pet " a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure." You can not tame or domesticate a snake. They will never bond. Hell they don't bond with each other. they are like sharks, they kill eat fuck and crap rinse and repeat. What you think is a pet if big enough and a constrictor will kill you if they fell the urge or if poisonous will bite you eventually. Same with all reptiles, Gators will not bond to you. If you feed them you can keep them satisfied enough they may not kill but will if the urge comes strong enough. They are not your friends.

I keep jumping spiders, an ant colony and a dog now. They all give me pleasure in different ways, watching the spiders hunt, seeing the ants digging out new chambers for the colony and the dog licking my balls when I get out the shower.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I have no problem with people killing venomous snakes on their own property.

I think most of us understand the point of killing or disposing of snakes that are poisonous if they are within our properties. I think what most people are objecting is the cavalier attitude of the @OP about killing everything without hips and other idiotic and stupid comments.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit