What will happen if someone partake the wine and bread at memorial? Should we all do that?

by UBM101 28 Replies latest social humour

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Finkelstein22

No the elders there would just think [you're] nuts.

I've seen this myself numerous times and the Elders just carry on shaking their heads.

Maybe some of the elders to whom you refer would, but, personally, I wouldn't shake my head; I'd be amused over someone mistakenly partaking of the emblems.

@Finkelstein22

By the way this assertion is supported by the WTS leaders themselves.

Really!? To what "assertion" are you referring? Regarding an individual that unworthily partakes of the Memorial emblems as being crazy? To which of these "WTS leaders" do you refer? If you cannot prove the assertion you just made here, why cast shade on anyone?

@Finkelstein22

Now if you were to place 6 people in each row partaking and by the time the wine and bread is being passed to the back rows and there isn't any bread and wine to pass .

........now that would be funny

Yes, I suppose this scenario could be funny, but what would be a riot is if we could actually run out of matzoth crackers and/or Chianti (or Burgundy) wine.

The Passover was not a type of the Memorial, since the blood of the lamb wasn't eaten whereas the wine that symbolizes Jesus' blood was drank along with the unleavened bread (crackers) eaten by his anointed followers, so if the "6 people in each row" should partake of the crackers and the wine, their doing so could in no way have the Passover as a rationale.

Furthermore, if these people are convinced that they should partake, why shouldn't they?

@djeggnog
  • djeggnog
    djeggnog

@waton5

If you [partake on] a personal level, it would be agreeing with wt's interpretation of the talking snake story, many partake at home, because they have other beliefs. If you think it is just a delayed april-fool day's prank? that would be your choice.

What "talking snake story"? Jehovah's Witnesses teach the Bible's account of how an angelic being used a serpent (or "snake") as a medium through which he spoke ventriloquially to Eve, even as we teach the Bible's account of how an angelic being used an ass as a medium through which he spoke ventriloquially to Balaam.

If one that should partake cannot attend a Memorial, he or she can request that the emblems be provided and offered to he or she elsewhere, e.g., at a hospital or at their home.

@waton5

PS:*** affirming that you believe in the talking snake story, and the followup- eve, adam- Jesus- paradise should be enough to question your sane analytical faculties,

I would have to question your spiritual maturity here in discussing spiritual matters that you clearly do not comprehend.

@djeggnog

• waton
    waton
    Most Jehovah's Witnesses believe Armageddon is around the proverbial corner,

djeggnog: If Armageddon would be just around the corner, the GT would be in full progress (according to wt current timeline, David Splaine et al) and therefore,

There would be no genuine anointed left on Earth, to take the emblems, because the Rapture having already taken place, the immortal anointed would be already in battle gear lined up with the heavenly armies to smite the evildoers like us on JWN.

relax, the wait can last to 2075,

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    What will happen if someone partake the wine and bread at memorial? Should we all do that?

They'll tell us to go get our own building to have our memorial.

• waton
    waton
    the wine that symbolizes Jesus' blood was drank along with the unleavened bread (crackers) eaten by his anointed followers, so if

djeggnog: before you question other's "spiritual maturity", please check you own! In Jesus' presence, there were no anointed followers eating crackers (with the sauce of the lamb stew.), they still had the earthly hope, (read the full account of Acts 1:6-8 cited in par. 8 of this week's wt study. ) and

Yes wt teaches that satan, and angels had to use animals to communicate with humans, but that is at the child's level of Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf. You cant be serious to base your life on tales like that?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

JW_Rogue - Excellent! Well played!

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

Most Jehovah's Witnesses believe Armageddon is around the proverbial corner,

@waton5 wrote:

djeggnog: If Armageddon would be just around the corner, the GT would be in full progress (according to wt current timeline, David Splaine et al) and therefore,

What does any of what I said about Armageddon have to do with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses? Your Splaine comment means what about Armageddon were he to die? There is no timeline; no one knows the day and hour, so your rambling aside, why does it matter to you what Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Armageddon?

Some religious organizations, like Catholics, teach a trinity doctrine and it has no effect on anyone that thinks this doctrine is as absurd as Armageddon, so what difference does it make to you what other religious organizations believe or think when you have no responsibility for their beliefs or why they believe them?

@waton5

There would be no genuine anointed left on Earth, to take the emblems, because the Rapture having already taken place, the immortal anointed would be already in battle gear lined up with the heavenly armies to smite the evildoers like us on JWN.

What "Rapture"? There will be no Rapture, but when Armageddon commences, the observance of the Memorial will have ended since, as you said, all of the anointed will by then already be living in heaven.

@waton5

relax, the wait can last to 2075,

Why 2075? ls this a joke that has it's genesis in the belief that Armageddon would occur in 1975? This wrong idea was based on the desire that, despite what Jesus had said about the day and hour not being known, it might coincide with the 6,000 year milestone with respect to the Bibles reckoning of man's history had been reached, but this belief was something hoped and not held dogmatically (as I trust your mention of "2075" is also your hope).

@djeggnog

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

the wine that symbolizes Jesus' blood was drank along with the unleavened bread (crackers) eaten by his anointed followers, so if

@waton5 wrote:

djeggnog: before you question other's "spiritual maturity", please check you own!

In my mind, your spiritual maturlty, or the lack thereof, isn't in doubt! You may disagree with me and that's ok, but you sound spiritually immature to me and so I have opined.

@waton5

In Jesus' presence, there were no anointed followers eating crackers (with the sauce of the lamb stew.), they still had the earthly hope, (read the full account of Acts 1:6-8 cited in par. 8 of this week's wt study. ) and

ok 😊

@waton5

Yes wt teaches that satan, and angels had to use animals to communicate with humans, but that is at the child's level of Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf. You cant be serious to base your life on tales like that?

I think "had to" is a stretch; according to the Bible, the use of animals (the serpent and the ass) were used as spirit mediums in those two accounts I mentioned in a previous post. Not everyone rejects the Bible or portions thereof as you do; evidently you accept the fact that Jesus had followers, but reject that they were, in fact, anointed when they observed the Lord's Evening Meal, which is your choice. I believe what the Bible says in its entirety, which is my choice.

@djeggnog

• waton
    waton

d wrote: What does any of what I said about Armageddon have to do with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses? Your Splaine comment means what about Armageddon were he to die? There is no timeline; no one knows the day and hour, so your rambling aside, why does it matter to you what Jehovah's Witnesses believe about Armageddon?

The timeline published has everything to do with the GB. David had his chart. according to wt publications, the anointed will not survive the onset of the GT. be gone by Armageddon, they will have to, to fight in it, as bible-predicted. Were David to die, it would lieve Linda a widow, a class lady. WT Armageddon teachings matter to me, because I was duped to teach falsehoods about it, and too much collateral damage is predicted about it, with precision strikes like passover in Egypt claimed as possible. angelically.

d wrote: What "Rapture"? There will be no Rapture,

"jws hate using precise terms if they can distinguish from BTG, common wording, so: "called to their reward", gathered to heaven. instant 1st resurrection at death. better?

d wrote: Why 2075? ls this a joke? ---

Of course the overlapping generation is a joke, and David said that there probably are longer living anointed than Freddy Franz. FF "served" from before 1914 to 1992. > 78 years. add that to 1992 ( another freddy-like partaker overlapping),- gives you > 2070. allowing time for the departure (rapture), longer lives, and the GT prelude, that gives you the 2075 estimate. a nice anniversary for another wt failure.I

d: I believe what the Bible says in its entirety, which is my choice.

A choice that hopefully will not be final, because, while the bible is the basis for our discussion, it is not believable. My spirituality is beyond belief in ancient, outdated writings, that have such a tenuous connection to reality. Example: Gen 1:1 The Earth was not created at the beginning, Gen. 9: there was no flood killing all, cresting above Everest, ever. -------

Creation, is too grandiose, majestic to be explained , understood by these stale stories, kindergarten reading level

• waton
    waton

djeggnog: I believe what the Bible says in its entirety, which is my choice.

Let us test that, given your superior spirituality:

Do you believe Jesus' end time prophecies in Math. 24, 25, especially 24: 34,( this generation will not pass away until all these things are fulfilled?) and 25:26? ( Goats depart into everlasting cutting off--sheep into everlasting life [at ~Armageddon]). ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit