What will happen if someone partake the wine and bread at memorial? Should we all do that?

by UBM101 28 Replies latest social humour

• UBM101
  • UBM101
    UBM101

Just a naughty thought, I mean what if we all go and do that? Would everyone freak out like Armageddon is around the corner?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No the elders there would just think your nuts.

I've seen this myself numerous times and the Elders just carry on shaking their heads.

By the way this assertion is supported by the WTS leaders themselves.

Now if you were to place 6 people in each row partaking and by the time the wine and bread is being passed to the back rows and there isn't any bread and wine to pass .

........now that would be funny

• waton
    waton

If you partake,on a personal level, it would be agreeing with wt's interpretation of the talking snake story***, many partake at home, because they have other beliefs. If you think it is just a delayed april-fool day's prank? that would be your choice.

PS:*** affirming that you believe in the talking snake story, and the followup- eve, adam- Jesus- paradise should be enough to question your sane analytical faculties,

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Unless they were truly anointed, just touching the emblems could cause instant death.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Should we all do that?

If you ask me, no. I'm not fond of the WT and many, many JWs, but I see no point in disrespecting them that way. Also, my personal stance is that it's not my job to show them or teach them anything.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They will be violently seized and torn limb from limb.

Happy?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Unless they were truly anointed, just touching the emblems could cause instant death.

LOL, I immediately thought of the scene from Indiana Jones

• waton
    waton

JW_R: that what Eve of Eden thought about the forbidden fruit, and said so, to the talking, and listening snake. The anointing is snake oil, a touchy subject for some.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@UBM10132

Just a naughty thought, I mean what if we all go and do that? Would everyone freak out like Armageddon is around the corner?

I realize the notion of "Jehovah's day" or Armageddon—when God's son, his adopted sons as well as the angels, come to execute God's judgment upon the unbelieving nations—is misunderstood by many folks, but no one among Jehovah's Witnesses, except, of course, those who are yet immature, learning, but never able to come to an accurate knowledge of the truth about Armageddon or other scriptural teachings would go berserk should anyone NOT born from God, anyone NOT born again, NOT counted worthy to eat of the loaf or to drink of the cup do so unworthily.

The spiritually mature among Jehovah's Witnesses would recognize such an individual as being guilty respecting the body and the blood of the Lord by partaking of these emblems, but none would "freak out" as you put it.

Most Jehovah's Witnesses believe Armageddon is around the proverbial corner, but I'm sure there are some among us that are waiting on a sign of the cross to appear in heaven (just joking), so should you and others of this mindset "go and do that" at a Memorial of Christ's Death where I happen to be in attendance, I would be somewhat amused over the apparent misunderstanding, even if this were just a juvenile stunt.

Now I suppose there would be some among Jehovah's Witnesses that might become judgmental over what you would regard as 'naughtiness," over the very idea that someone could attend this ceremonial occasional at their Kingdom Hall and be so disrespectful as to "go and do that" as if such a mistake were an personal insult, but to partake of the emblems unworthily is just a mistake, an error, and nothing more, since it's not like anyone that should partake unworthily would force Jehovah to give to that person a new birth, and as such persons grow in accurate knowledge, they will become less judgmental and perhaps be more forgiving of others when they err.

As Paul advised, "a man [or woman must] approve himself [or herself] after scrutiny"; no one as the right to judge another's decision to eat and drink, for "he [or she] that eats and drinks eats and drinks judgment against himself [or herself]." (1 Cor. 11:27-29)

@djeggnog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit