Recent Annual Meeting - Asking for Clarification

by truth_b_known 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAC HISLOPP:

It wasn’t my intention to point that out and I’m sorry!..I sent you a PM. Yes, it was surely a lifetime ago and many older JWs today are suffering if they heeded that advice!

Some think it’s old light, but is it really since they still say similar things?

OVERRATED:

I always felt they were parasites on society and shameless at that!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Didn`t they also proclaim or infer that Armageddon and the new system of things would take place around the end of the 20th Century ?

And by now we would be in the New System of things ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

At this same Annual meeting Tony Morris III tells those in attendance that Stephen Letts' statement that "we're living in the final part of the last days, undoubtedly the final part of the final part of the last days! Shortly before the last day of the last days" may not be true. Morris goes on to state that it may be awhile before Armageddon gets here, we might not live to see it, but that's no reason to give up because "this is the best life."

It`s amazing how they ignore what the religion has said has prophesised ,indicated ,expected in 1914 , 1919 , 1925, 1939, 1975 ,2000 , and now they indicate it could all be in the distant future,?

Give me a break !!>>>>>>> If the R&F haven`t woken up to the shenannigans by now ,then I have little sympathy for them.

I say little sympathy ,because I do understand that elderly people who have put so much time and energy not to mention monetary investment into the religion over decades ,would find it very hard /difficult to abandon it now ,yet that is what they should be doing and cut their losses.

And live out the rest of their lives accepting our lot in life in freedom from dictates of men.

• carla
    carla

Haven't the numbers of 'partakers' been rising for years now? Aren't they considered 'anointed'? or are they considered mentally diseased or something? If the numbers of anointed keep rising then won't it take longer for the big A to get here with the new light that all the anointed will be in heaven beforehand?

Does every jw see the annual meeting at the same time? If not and there is new light then people who are not yet aware of the new light are still possibly teaching old light, false teachings in fact apostate teachings according to dubland. How do they reconcile this in their minds? If new light is truly from jah then shouldn't it be put out there immediately so misinformation is not spread? (in the old days when they still had meetings, conventions, etc... this was more of a problem, pre internet days)

It would be interesting to see a chart from Russell days to today on the flip flops regarding this issue.

Does anyone remember the gb member (rubber face guy) who said something to the effect that we (non jw's) would be like burnt hotdogs? he said something to that effect with glee and excitement in my opinion. Not very Christ like. But then nothing associated with the jw's is very Christ like.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Does anyone remember the gb member (rubber face guy) who said something to the effect that we (non jw's) would be like burnt hotdogs?

Anthony Morris the Third regales his audience with an anecdote of a helicopter crash in Vietnam featuring mangled bodies that resembled hot dogs on a grill. He likens this gruesome scene to what awaits non-Witnesses at Armageddon.

• carla
    carla

Thanks Rules, that is the one I was thinking of. Makes me sick

• Gorb
    Gorb

What a madness.

G.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

On one hand I'd kinda like to see/hear the Annual Meeting to personally know what was said.

On the other hand, I really don't want to spend 2 or 3 hours on this bullshit.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Sounds like some of it is worth staying awake for. I really want to see if anyone reacts to the last days comment. Reservations in another post calls it a sign of infighting. I would think these talks are prerehearsed. But the tight pants seemed to go off the rails.

• carla
    carla

Can someone please tell me if all jw's see this (the annual meeting) at the same time? thank in advance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit