Recent Annual Meeting - Asking for Clarification

by truth_b_known 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

This is entirely off-topic, sort of, but does anyone else notice the puffiness in Morris' face? Both in the videos above and the recent (September) Gilead graduation videos.

He's always been obese, climbing to morbidly obese in recent years, but the face is just different. Like he's been inhaling steroids by the fistful and has swollen way up.

He also walks (again in the Gilead video) with a sort of "old man shuffle". My 90-year old mom walked that way just prior to her demise.

I think there is some gravely serious medical issue going on there.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    He's always been obese, climbing to morbidly obese in recent years, but the face is just different. Like he's been inhaling steroids by the fistful and has swollen way up.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

please allow me to contribute, with an information - published 54 years ago-

from the mighty WTBS Inc. :

** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling… True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order? "

Many greeting to you all,

JC MacHiqlopp

• waton
    waton
    the Annointed remaining on Earth, to include the Governing Body, will all be in heaven prior to Armageddon.

FFG: Listened to the talk by S. Herd, a reading really, (obviously, D.Splane id not want to do further damage his profile),

It was a lot of gaslighting. the really big elephant in the room is , that the concept of the partakers going to heaven before the end , to fight and kill as "immoral" fighters is:

Jesus said, that the generation ( wt anointed) will pass away after the end, not until all these things have occurred, like the apostle John, who survived the end (of Jerusalem),

One must feel sorry for them in that predicament, believing and proclaiming, that wt leadership is so essential for salvation.

• Earnest
    Earnest

There was a thread in October on the Annual Meeting.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

you can contact TOMO3 direct if you want to--

https://www.facebook.com/AnthonymorrisIII

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAC HISLOPP:

Thanks for posting the contents of that infamous 1969 article (52 yrs ago)..telling young JWs they will ‘never grow old in this system of things’.

Any young JW back then who based their LIFE on this article and did Not get a decent job/career and plan for their retirement are poor senior citizens today. Maybe this article is part of the reason I was treated so badly when I joined in the late ‘70s and was severely criticized and shunned because I refused to quit my full-time job. (Meanwhile, all the older people in the congregation were collecting THEIR pensions, because they were in the workforce!)

It can’t be lightly dismissed that my situation in later life would have been a hardship and disaster if I listened.. I’m Retired today and grateful I resisted all the criticism back then.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Just love Watchtower 's frowning on higher education. It is not for spiritual reasons, but to keep members good and stupid, depend on Watchtower. But once you gain higher education (namely) the ability to think clear you start to see holes in their stuff,lies and things that don't make any sense. Then you come to the conclusion that they are parasites on society.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Hey, machislopp, don’t bring that up, it’s “old light”. Lol

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello LongHairGal,

many thanks for correcting the error : 52 years not 54 !

Bihai: yes it is old light but the mighty WTBS Inc. and its 'Governing Body'

claims that:

" w16 October pp. 22-23 par. 7 Strengthen Your Faith in What

You Hope For ** *Jehovah has also blessed us with an abundant

supply of spiritual food provided through “the faithful and discreet slave.”

(Matt. 24:45)

Greetings to all,

JCMacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit