What's a word that describes the way Witnesses behave as a group?

by paul from cleveland 79 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    1984ish
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

My first thought was delusional.

Then I read DOCs word sanctimonious - making a show of being morally superior to other people.

synonyms:self-righteous, holier-than-thou, pious, pietistic, churchy, moralizing, preachy, smug, superior, priggish, hypocritical,insincere;informalgoody-goody

but the winner [of my top three] might be orphancrows word in another thread

"otiose"

adj: serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being

adj: producing no result or effect

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Delusional is my best opinion.

Because (including me for a long time) they are completely ok with accepting anything the WT says as fact without any evidence scriptural or otherwise to back it up. Not only that - they do not view as credible ANY outside information, whether from the Medical community, or Science, or Archaeology, or History, or other Religious scholars.

Reality is aborted for the comforting thought that the GB are always right no matter what.
    All 1984.

• M*A*S*H
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

bitter

argumentative

angry

judgemental

destructive

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    literalists, fundies, zombies (sorry DJS, I know that you have dibs on that word), party poopers and... meanies, bullies, fear mongerers, zealots, etc.
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    You had it with insular. It is neither negative nor positive. Go with that.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Here' one I thought about, and it's ''cliquey''.

If you're not in some ''cliques'' in the congregations, your life can be HELL!!!

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

isolated

segregated

insulated

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Has anyone said

Cultish ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest