2023-August-S-147-Announcements And Reminders!

by Atlantis 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    could there come a time when the Kingdom Halls are all sold, and the JWs are renting halls off other groups

That's a great idea! May I suggest that they could make a deal with the 7th Day Adventists to share their facilities on Sunday, since they only use them on Saturday?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They discourage education.

Then the dubs run low on money when asked to be fleeced.

Yes, the Borg has always been it's worst enemy.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

Yes, they are their own worst enemy. If they changed their stance and encouraged college/careers they would have more affluent members sitting there.

It’s obvious they are very threatened by education. Maybe it’s because education can shake the flimsy belief system OR that education can make a person more confident and they can’t have that. Maybe it’s plain old jealousy because the ‘higher up’s’ don’t have higher education.

They want servile members with low self-confidence sitting there.. I’m not exaggerating and I think this is literal.

So, rather than have educated, confident and more affluent people there, they would rather have poorer more ignorant members. Maybe they feel they have more control this way and none of the uneducated higher-ups need feel intimidated or embarrassed by encounters with educated individuals in the circuits. Just my opinion.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its because education stimulates 'critical thinking' skills.

Independent thinking.

Which is the Borgs killer.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Which brings up the usual question: how do they have a legal team that is made up of loyal JWs? Do they hand pick trusted Bethelites that are then sent to law school?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit