2023-August-S-147-Announcements And Reminders!

by Atlantis 34 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Could they ever bite the bullet and get "new light" on tithing?

Some high control religious groups actually check members' payslips to verify that they are tithing correctly. I remember one Pentecostal pastor I knew that was slavering over the fact that Yonggi Cho's church in South Korea was checking church members' payslips at the door before services. He would have loved to have seen some of that action! πŸ™„

Would the R&F rebel, or would they just bend over to receive more of the loving arrangement?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They would just bend over.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JONAHSTOURGUIDE:

It is a sneaky underhanded tithe. Some JWs might not think it’s a big deal. Others who were criticized for working might think it’s a very big deal.

NOT FORMER:

Hopefully not too many JWs would be stupid enough to fall for this - that some religion has a right to see their paystub.. But.. then you never know.πŸ™„

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

This covers car insurance, fees, health insurance for COs. Local BOEs add a gift on top if it, there is a donation that replaced the mortgage

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

I could never stand hearing this.

They knock higher education and full-time jobs/careers - as I well know from personal experience. As a result, any Witnesses in the congregations who listened to this stupid advice - struggle to pay for these necessities for themselves including food and a roof over their heads!

I am Glad I’m No longer active in the religion to listen to these things because it would make me ill.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Road to nowhere.

You don't know what you're talking about. This is in addition to the CO's expenses. This is for the general world wide.work.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Demanding/asking for $10.75 per publisher per month is risky for this cult to do. It's further evidence of how desperate WT is becoming to stay afloat.

WT is house rich and cash poor...they have all their worth tied-up in Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, ect, etc with very little in liquid assets like cash. So, what's their solution...demand cash from the rank & file to increase their liquid assets. Ultimately it's the elders of each congregation who have to worry...if the congregation members don't cough up the cash, the elders know they individually will need to dig into their own pockets for the difference to meet Mother's demand.

Therein is WT's dilemma...the last thing WT wants is to make enemies of their worldwide brotherhood of congregational elders by burdening them individually with such a heavy monthly cash debt.

The JW U.S. Branch Territory alone has 124,600 elders spread-out among some 1,250 congregations...imagine if 3 or 4 elders in each congregation felt the pinch enough to start to question/doubt Mother & the organization...enormous chaos...Yay!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

JW Gonebad:"WT is house rich and cash poor...they have all their worth tied-up in Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, ect, etc with very little in liquid assets like cash"

Most sensible businesses, and lets face it, the WT corporation is a business, use their assets to generate income. Back when the WT was selling stuff, the Kingdom Halls were basically distribution centres, or warehouses, where the sales staff would pick up their merchandise and receive their instructions on today's sales route. Now that they aren't actually selling anything, that warehouse model isn't working. They have assets sitting idle and clocking up expenses like insurance and utilities.

So what does a business do if it is in the business of owning meeting halls? A sane business in that line would rent out their meeting halls. Where I live, the various small startup churches, that can't afford their own buildings, meet in school assembly halls and other community centres, presumably paying some rental. If the WT weren't such snobs, they could rent out purpose built space to such groups. And to the scouts and other such groups.

But of course, the WT is very big on appearances and not associating with the wrong crowd. Unless it's the UN or some other group that benefits them in some way. Remember their amicus curiae brief with Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, back when the whole "should churches pay sales tax" thing started? That's when the decline started. The Watchtower's stubborn refusal to pay taxes to the superior authorities meant that they eventually stopped selling their magazines door to door, and eventually ended up where they are today, with no golden income streams.

I don't see them renting out Kingdom Halls any time soon. So I guess they are going to have to keep selling them until they run out of them. πŸ™„

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Nowwhat. I know wherefore I speak. It is an insurance fund. The co visit gets a expense fund by resolution after he turns in his bills. There is another resolution for donating to mother, and another for the former mortgage, which amounts to rent on the hall

• NotFormer
    NotFormer
    Further to what I said above, could there come a time when the Kingdom Halls are all sold, and the JWs are renting halls off other groups, like some small churches do? I can imagine that all the pride and bluster will have left the R&F if that ever happened 😞.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit