Did You Ever Find The Theolgy of JWs Reasonable?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Even as a kid it didnt hang together. Ive only been aware just how non coherant it all is in recent years though back then just thought i hate this and dont want to be part of it

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course I did! .... I really bought into it and it governed my life for too many decades. Every decision followed two questions.

What does the Bibe say?

What does The Society say?

I only did that because everything seemed to fit together... we had the answer to everything. It was THE TRUTH,

Wasn't it?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "The teachings cannot withstand the facts."

Hmph.

You'd have thought that possibility would have occurred to them when their theology was being originally crafted.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

For years I twisted my self into a pretzel to make things jive.
    The science stuff I could never rationalize, and I just chalked it put to Old guys running the show who dont get it.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The JW Bible study conductor teach that Satan played the part of a ventriloquist and used the snake to trick Eve to eat the fruit.

Once a person accepts that Bizarre/foolish/Silly explanation , he/she can be fooled all the way until baptism.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I was essentially a 'born in' since my mother got baptized when I was just a baby. But I was 'hobbled' from the start as far as believing in and accepting Jehovah's Witness doctrine. I read these two books at around 5 to 7 years old and determined then that the theology didn't make one bit of sense.

• TD
    TD

Not reasonable, no...

But there was an internal consistency years ago that is lacking today.

If you watch the credits at the end of a motion picture, there's always somebody in charge of continuity.

Whoever that is in JW land is not doing their job....

• millie210
    millie210

I always felt intuitively that the doctrine was incredibly strict.

I would look at nature (human and animal) and see such a relaxed and accepting way about things. It was always hard to rationalize that the Creator of that was the same one originating all the harsh and exacting rules of the Org.

That was the biggest problem for me. Such a contrast. It seemed there were two different personalities, from the way life appeared and the way JWs described God and what he wanted from mankind, with all the attention to little tiny rules.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    TD:
    Not reasonable, no...
    But there was an internal consistency years ago that is lacking today.

Exactly. That is it. It was unreasonable, but consistent. And that isn't true anymore.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have to agree with BluesBrother and that I too was at a vulnerable stage in my life when I converted at age 19 believing they had all the right answers as OTWO says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit