Did You Ever Find The Theolgy of JWs Reasonable?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

sparky1. You must be very intelligent to have read those two books between the ages of 5-7. I honestly was trap in the the box of the jw cult since birth I never thought much about the reasonableness of the theology of the wt. But as a child I often wonder how they knew all about the Bible and other religions didn't. I can see now it was all blind trust. But that thinking of them against us was very im bedded in me. Still Totally ADD

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I was first contacted by JW girls in school when I was 14, baptized at 20. I really wanted to live forever on a paradise earth. I really wanted there to be no more wars. I really wanted there to be no more sickness. And so it became urgent to warn people of the impending war of Armageddon in 1975. Their theology appealed to me because it changed; only it didn't change with "new light", it changed with new opinions, opinions of the governing body. I was completely immersed for 38 years until... I found a website in my local newspaper about Jehovah's Witnesses and blood. That was the first stepping stone to learning more and more about the organization I was ensconced in. But I had a big problem---my husband was the presiding overseer. How could I show him what I was learning? As it turns out, he too was harboring his own doubts. We danced around each other for a while until we finally had enough courage to talk frankly. We laid plans and we exited together. My biggest regret (and my husband shares this regret) is that we didn't do this before we raised our children.

So, to answer your question minimus, yes, at one time I did find the JW theology reasonable because I wanted to live forever in health and peace. Those pesky truths got in the way!

Reopened Mind

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Yes. I thought of it as a jigsaw. each piece fitted well. Then I realised it's a man made jigsaw and whilst it's a nice picture, it's been machined to match the picture on the box..Such a shame.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    I began finding holes in it as soon as I was old enough to read. One of the first irreconcilable things I noticed was that the great pyramid of Giza is older than the flood. This was when I was studying ancient Egypt at school as a 7 year old
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I remember being 9 years old, sitting at the book study, reviewing the book of Revelation, and finding the leaders of the religions presumptuous in applying bible prophecies to conventions and public talks. Then, my mother told me to focus on the fruits and to forget about the prophecies.

It was only much later, while reading Crisis of Conscience, that is was a major rotten fruit for the Watchtower to insist on their prophecies and to enforce them the way they are.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

They have so much bullshit that you ever look too critically at anything, they can simply direct your gaze elsewhere, it's a quintessential cult manoeuvre

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit