Dissolved Congregations--Minneapolis--St. Paul.

by Atlantis 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

A little more information from the member of the board.

They wrote:

I made a mistake in that one too with numbers, but it is easily noticeable and an astute reader will know what I mean. Sometimes people ask things that they could find on JW.borg... oh welll!!!

• LV101
    LV101
    I clicked on that 'Search' for a hall link and there's 25 English congregations here -- isn't that a lot? Is that up to date and accurate. Oh my.
  • LV101
    LV101

No worries - I haven't read all the posts.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Interesting fact, my old KH had 4 English congregations (30 years ago). Now it’s been cut to 1.5 English, with the addition of 3 Spanish congregations.

The extra English publishers were shipped to a KH about 20 minutes away. An old friend told me this change happened about two years ago. He said that this creates a hardship because most of the witnesses in this area are very poor.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Please let it come here. I cant say where here is, but you can understsnd how it would be to be to drive 45 minutes and lose contact with my one actual friend because she lives on a different side of a dividing line

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Now it’s been cut to 1.5 English [congregations] ....

SouthCentral ...

Just curious, how can you have 1.5 English congregations? Do they do half of the meeting in English and then half in Spanish? Or is it "Spanglish" like we have here in South Florida where if you are giving a talk and don't know how to explain something in one language, just cut into the other one. Everybody understands.

Rub a Dub

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

The extra (.5) witnesses were sent 20 minutes away.

For instance, if after combining all four halls there was 150 English speaking publishers… 100 stayed in the hall… While others were shipped away. Pretty sad somehow catch the bus…While others carpool.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

This is interesting stuff. I wonder how many Halls are being sold off. I know the Hall in Golden Valley was up for sale a couple years ago. I was never inside it but design-wise it was not your typical boring box of a KH.

i wonder how many congregations in MN outside the Twin Cities will end up being consolidated/eliminated. I have only heard of one in the last few years. And yes, there are no JW Assembly Halls in Minnesota.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Holy spirit making larger congregations right before a pandemic. Way to go JW HS!

The elders prayed about it, so there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit