Favourite Quirky / Low Budget / Non-Mainstream Movies

by Simon 49 Replies latest social entertainment

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Tremors

Also,Road house, what a pony loaf of a film, a list actors in a c list film.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

SIMON a great low budget time travel movie is safety not guaranteed

Apart from being low budget and quirky it has the best ending!

https://youtu.be/73jSnAs7mq8

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I was an independent movie junkie in the 90s. Too may great ones to mention. I still watch some every now and then.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Napoleon Dynamite 2004 - Very low budget - No real plot here either. You either love it or you hate it. One of the more quotable movies I've seen because of the quirkyness

Anyone who enjoyed Neapolitan should watch a movie called “Eagle Vs Shark”..

If you laughed at Neapolitan Dynamite, check out Eagle vs Shark. It’s a New Zealand film, very low budget. Very funny.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Try "About Time" on Netflix.

I was also fascinated by "Frequency" which is also on Netflix.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I first saw this at a film festival my freshman year in college (1969). They don't come cheaper or quirkier than this. Presented in its entirety:

Bambi

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

JeffT - saw that at a science fiction convention many many years ago. Sci fi nerds make quite a few good little movies. Not saying a sci fi person made that but at conventions, they do show a mix of topics.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Shout out to the 2016 The Witch...cracking film...the scare/fear/horror is not the supernatural shit in it but the response of the family especially the father with religion as his motivation...kept thinking about the JW's as I watched it.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I saw this movie years ago on TV and really enjoyed it, however it has been so long since I seen it I would have to rewatch to explain the movie. All I know is that I liked the movie and it was kinda obscure but a good story and movie.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Real kick-ass movie: EQUILIBRIUM
    Dystopian future not unlike Brave New World (Aldous Huxley) and 1984 (G. Orwell)
    in which Batman, I mean, Christian Bale is an enforcer of a tyrannical government police force in an oppressive future where all forms of feeling are illegal. (Bale) John Preston a man in charge of enforcing the law, stops taking his tranquilizers and has an aesthetic awakening to the beauty of art, music, and individualism.
    This clip will give you a hint of how awesome this movie is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U02E2sjwlLM

Next movie: CREEP

This is a no-budget movie which works like crazy. Why? The story is splendidly contrived and acted by a cast of 2 people.
    When a videographer answers a Craigslist ad for a one-day job in a remote mountain town, to video the last messages of a dying man, he finds his client is not at all what he initially seems.
    This movie really frightened me and I'm a big boy all growed up.
    Yes, there is a sequel, CREEP2
    _____

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7tBypjwDo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit