If JWs were to change their name what would they change it to?

by slimboyfat 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I don't think they'd change their name but if they did they'd probably change it to Christian.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If JWs were to change their name what would they change it to?

What Ever WatchTower Tells JWs...............Jehovahs Witnesses Are Now..

.......... Their New Name Is................................"WATCHTOWER PIGGYS"

...Image result for geoffrey jackson watchtower........Image result for geoffrey jackson watchtower

..Image result for Watchtower cartImage result for Pig in suitImage result for Watchtower cart

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I don't want to spoil the party, but I don't think a name change is required. That is the only thing they have going for them. If I took over, 1914 would be dropped, Armageddon would go, everyone has the chance of heaven, but the marketing differentiation would be "we are the only true (monotheistic) religion that worships the true God, Jehovah."
  • Wasanelder Once
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Harold , as in the Lords prayer .

"Our father which farts in Heaven Harold be thy name .....

smiddy"

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    "Jehovah's Worshippers" would allow them to keep the branding and site the same. It also works for when they pivot away from door-knocking towards property flipping. It plays up the in-group / social club aspect that is important to current JW's. They don't care for doctrine, they just want to keep up with the others on their social media posts.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Many people are a little shocked when told Jehovah's witnesses are actually Christians. The bible says in the book of Acts in the first century...by divine providence, they became known as ' Christians'. 'Christian witnesses of Yahweh' would be a little bit more appropriate and accurate. Also either removal of or making the writing smaller of what pretty much looks like a business sign ie JW.ORG from outside of kingdom halls would also make them look more like a place of worship to God.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    That is the only thing they have going for them.

I don't know Paul, I get your point about it's value as a USP but the name 'Jehovah's Witnesses' is a tainted brand. At worst it's associated with a cult that let's children die, at best it's the butt of a comedians joke.

I don't know if the name will change or not, probably inertia and nostalgia will keep it in place, but the way this bunch are behaving nothing would surprise me.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I don't know Paul, I get your point about it's value as a USP but the name 'Jehovah's Witnesses' is a tainted brand

Maybe. They could change their name to "Christian Witnesses of Truth," for marketing purposes. I do think though they should retain Jehovah as their God, and stick to their version of Arianism. The Trinity is a complex concept, and with the dumbed-down magazines, their target audience like the simplicity of Jehovah as God and Jesus as the son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit