The Watchtower—Study Edition  |  April 2023

by RULES & REGULATIONS 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    would think there is a pretty big difference between waiting a long time and RECEIVING something promised and waiting a long time and finally dying without EVER RECEIVING what you were promised.

Fed up Was going to say the same thing,👍

"Our hope is that within a few years our marriage may be consummated and, by the Lord’s grace, we shall have sweet children that will be an honor to the Lord. We can well defer our marriage until lasting peace comes to the Earth"

Blues I find those biographies the most tragic. Lack of money, careers, even an education can be accepted if you've been blessed and happy in your family life. If you've had a happy marriage and healthy, happy kids....good friendships, too,....all that other stuff can be; if not forgiven, at least overlooked. But to deny yourself marriage and family for that avaricious, cold-hearted, conceited, obdurate (I could go on) unChristian organisation to do nothing but take from the good natured, is the worse crime they commit imo.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DIOGENESISTER:

Yes, I agree with you about how it’s tragic if somebody denies themselves marriage and family for this awful religion. Is it the worst thing?.. If you’re very needy and can’t put food on the table, etc. (basic survival) that’s certainly the worst.

But, to be needy because you didn’t get the decent job, in addition to giving up marriage and family is certainly the worst. That’s two major negatives.

Even though I hate the religion because of how I was treated because I wouldn’t give up my full time job, I especially despised them because they tried to isolate me from my family.

I remember having a rude awakening one Thanksgiving years ago!.. Here I was like a moron denying myself a decent meal and the company of people who really cared about me. For what? So, I could look at four walls alone? Meanwhile, all the JWs were nowhere to be found.

• jhine
    jhine

Beth I'm not sure if we're at cross purpoises here .

My point was that the uncertainty doesn't keep us focused on a group but on God .

I may be misunderstanding your comment.

Jan

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

I have heard it from witnesses time after time, "I can't wait for the new world where I can learn to play the guitar", "... where I can learn to swim", "... where I can find out how to knit and crochet", etc; etc.

FFS why aren't you doing those things now if that's what your heart desires? Why are you putting it off for the future? Who told you that you aren't allowed to do it now?

Their refusal to engage with life as it is meant to be lived irritates me no end. Just because the big A was meant to be coming down the track never stopped me learning what I was attracted to even back when I was PIMI. I want to scream at the sheeple "Do it now!"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOSTINTHEFOG1999:

Yes, remember hearing this stupid phrase from Witnesses - whether it had to do with learning an instrument, indulging in a hobby or even traveling.

They forget themselves though because if everything is to be ‘destroyed’ at Armageddon - there will be nothing to see if they want to travel (unless they just want to see the mountains or ocean). Nothing cultural should be left standing afterwards. Right? Will the Eiffel Tower or the pyramids be standing?

But aside from all that, they are squandering their lives and their present time with their daydreaming about what they will do in never-neverland. I agree that some of these things can be pursued now.

Another thing I noticed when I was there is that JWs are not mindful that the clock on the wall is ticking.. While they are sitting in their many meetings listening to B.S. and engaged in the showiness of the ministry they are getting older and their youth is slipping away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit