Sample Disassociation Letter please?

by LifesNotOver 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

The way I look at it is this - if you want a divorce from someone it's not just good enough to say "I'm done with you", you need to do it officially or it isn't real. You have to "play their game", complete the forms, pay the filing fees, get your grounds, etc. And it feels a whole lot better to be the one in charge and instigate the divorce proceedings, than be the one sitting passively by being served with papers. Only when the divorce is final are you truly free and can you truly move on. See where I'm going with this? That's my opinion, anyway. So I'm drafting a letter of disassociation to send to the Elders at my old congregation, just a few lines. Thanks for all your suggestions.

And, yes, I'm starting divorce proceedings from my husband as well. Good times all around. I only wish I could simply send him a letter and it would be done, but I have to "play their game" wink wink

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If you wanted to have a bit of fun, you could say. I would like to dissociate from the jehovahs witnesses under the guidance of watchtower bible and tract society. But I would like to remain as a member of JW.org under the guidance of Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Good for a laugh any way.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Zeb, regarding your comment,

However I am ever confused on this need to resign in writing. I was baptized and never received a card or letter of welcome nor did any of my family. So why do the wts require a written notice of departure?

When you were baptized, you did not receive any letter, however, the date of your baptism was recorded on your Publisher Card. This publisher card served as a proof of your baptism and being a member of the JW organization. The card moved along with you wherever you transferred.

A letter of disassociation is an official document for the elders of the congregation which is recorded and filed in their confidential reports. In the future, if a court case or a child abuse case comes up and the disassociated individual is a party to it, the elders at that particular time will have the necessary details about the individual and whether he was a JW during the reported incident.

Simply put, you may hate the company/organization where you are working, but you need to submit a letter of resignation if you want to leave. Keeping things official is always the best and minimizes future problems.

LifesNotOver

Most of the elders won’t be interested in reading and analyzing your letter or your points, no matter how appealing it is. Their confidential file is full of such letters and at the most, the secretary of your congregation will skim through it to explain to the CO or other elders and for preparing the S-77 form. One sentence would be more than enough.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Dear Brothers,

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH!!!

Sincerely,

. . . . .

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

It is rare in this life that something is "always" the best or worst, etc. We all have unique situations. Personally, if I would have disassociated when I left, there would be a lot of people still actively in the organization that are now out. Due to the fact that many "JWs" continued to think of me as a "JW" and an elder, I was able to have a level of influence I would not have otherwise had. Family relationships were also easier. This is a personal decision each person has to make, and its not for anyone else to second guess in my view. That said, its not something to be decided on a whim or based on emotion. Simply weigh the pros and cons, and make the call that is best in your situation.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If you must write something, keep it very brief.

But add a powerful scripture (even if you don't believe in the bible)

Revelation 18:4 "get out from the midst of her, so you do not share in her sins"

"Dear brothers, I take this admonition very seriously....."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

firstly - http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blog/disassociation-letters.php

I wouldn't play by their rules as DOC said. However, if I HAD to DA, I'd now make it clear that if they want to announce my name from the platform or such, then a lawsuit will ensue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit