Sample Disassociation Letter please?

by LifesNotOver 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

I want to send a disassociation letter to the elders at my old congregation. How do I address it and what wording do I use? Thanks for your help. I know it's not something I HAVE to do, it's symbolic for me. What I'd love to do is burn down the Kingdom Hall, now that would be symbolic! How cathartic would that be, right?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Cult leaders:

I disassociate.

• kpop
    kpop

Dear Cult Leaders,

Did you know that the name Jehovah was created by a 13th century Spanish monk? No? Good bye. I'm out.

Signed,

Me

PS Leave me and my family the fuc alone.

• sir82
    sir82

Pretty much anything longer than what Londo wrote would be ignored, anyway.

I've read multi-pages long manifestos on this site that people here have written in their DA letters.

I suppose it feels good to write it all out, but seriously, once the elders figure out you are DA-ing, they won't pay attention to any of the reasons you put down.

My advice: 3 sentences at most.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are free to say what you want. The long wordy letter will just be searched through for "I disassociate." So be short and get one or two zingers in there.

If you must try to make a point, here is a great link that includes some "sample letters" and some thoughts on disassociating. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blog/disassociation-letters.php

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Thanks! Short and simple. Of course! I have this way of complicating things. I don't need to get anything off my chest, particularly. Just want to "formally" get my name off any lists or anything.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe disassociating oneself is "playing by their rules". Who else has that word? It gives them some closure on you. But maybe YOU need some closure, too. If so, have at it! . . . Doc

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I don't need to get anything off my chest, particularly. Just want to "formally" get my name off any lists or anything.

Then this one from that link might be best, but feel free to leave out the optional part on information, and any elder's name if you mail it to the "XXX Congregation" at their Kingdom Hall address. Be sure to sign it or they will call you.

Date

Elders name
    Congregation Address

To Whom it May Concern:

Information on reason for the decision to disassociate. (optional)

This letter represents my formal disassociation from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses and from Watchtower.

I do not wish to be contacted over this decision. (optional)

Salutation

Signature

Full Name

• undercover
    undercover
    I believe disassociating oneself is "playing by their rules". Who else has that word? It gives them some closure on you. But maybe YOU need some closure, too. If so, have at it!

This.

Each person's circumstance is different, so what works for me won't work for the next person. I won't DA because I don't accept their authority or position. So F em...

But, for some people, it may be the better option to get the distance they need from harassing elders, family, etc. In that case, I would keep it short and sweet. No point in going thru all the sins of the WTS, they aren't going to read it. Once they see it's a DA letter, and see the signature, it gets filed away, and your name announced at the next service meeting.

• notalone
    notalone

To the congregation of ------,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I no longer wish to be associated with this religion. I am asserting my rights legally in stating that I do not wish to be contacted or discussed by any members of this organization. If I become aware that this is occurring I will take any and all legal steps at my disposal.

If possible have it written by a lawyer-totally freaks them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit