Merger aftermath

by Rattigan350 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Exact scenario at my hall now it's overcrowded. If nothing else it goes to show the org. Knows they have peaked and are not expecting any new growth.

• carla
    carla

Sounds like a good thing to me. Won't it make it easier for pimo's to hide out? Also they won't have to make comments as much! Easier to get lost in the crowd and nobody can pinpoint any one person as apostate as easily. But, what do I know?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "The meeting attendance will decline. Large congregations make fading so much easier."

Hard to not suspect that - at this point - the WT leadership actually wants that anyway, huh?

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Their falling on hard times as they merge back into the very tiny cult that they once were. A hall near where I grew up has been sold. Used to be two congregations meeting there and now who knows where their going. 30 plus minutes away to the nearest hall. They truly are closing down slowly but they are.

• stillMS
    stillMS

Sound like good news (the only thing I wonder is how could anyone even suggest that the Borg's doing these merges has anything to do with care for the r&f sheep).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CRAZYGUY2:

I thought the same thing myself:..that the JW religion is merging or shrinking back into the tiny cult they once were.

As some have pointed out, these merged/crowded congregations will be good for people looking to ‘fade’ and disappear from the religion. This is perfect for them.. Who it WONT work for are the needy types looking for a$$istance who will HAVE to somehow get themselves to the new far-away congregation.

If the selling of YET more kingdom halls increases..causing JWs to have to travel even further to another hall somewhere -this is going to send some JWs into panic mode, in my opinion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ CrazyGuy2 & LongHairGal...

A much more realistic conclusion than the idea that they'll crash-and-burn, IMO...

...and arguably more desirable, too; historically, authoritarian regimes that fade away tend to stay that way.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, that's a good point: They've pretty clearly telegraphed that they expect next-to-nothing growth, if they have rejiggered the congregations such that every meeting is overcrowded.

This sends an unspoken but unmistakable message: why bother with the "lifesaving preaching work" if even the top guys are absolutely certain that nothing will come of it?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rattigan ... excellent point.

I enjoyed your mathematical perspective with Congregations A, B and C.

I could only add the following:

If A = B but B < C, then A must also be less than C (or have less publishers than C).

If B doubled its number of publishers but A still equaled B, then 2A = 2B.

I could see the condition where the number of congregation C would be squared or C²

We could then conclude that C² = A + B

or C² - A - B =0

Obviously, if we took the first derivative we would simply have 2C

In any case, I found your hypothesis very interesting. Very interesting analysis.

Rub a Dub

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

RubaDub , you must have liked and did well at algebra in your school years yes ? And yes I must agree that rattigan makes a very good point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit