Merger aftermath

by Rattigan350 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And our JW family see this as just the reasonable thing to do -- making the best use of "auditoriums". Selling off the properties (KHalls) that are "little used" and sit empty 5 days/week and shifting the pubs to Halls that can be used 4 or 5 nights/week by 3 or 4 Congs. Merging Congs so that auditoriums are full vs. half-empty. (They never even stop to reason about WHY those meetings are "half-empty" now though they were not just several years ago.)

• blondie
    blondie

Publicly, jws have to find a way to seem to support WTS changes or be viewed suspiciously by the rest of the members. What they think behind the scenes is hard to know. How many of us were thinking differently privately before we finally left.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

There was no potential for growth even before the merger...

Then only thing that is going to grow Is The number of wine drinkers at the memorial and the halls for sale.

Expect D and E and F coming soon...

Wait till they start saying.... Jehovah is Blessing our work. The halls are full, this is for sure proof the end is getting real real close

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Making the halls look full was given as a reason, except they called it utilizing all the seats. An elder did mention it looks better to have the place full. I will add that the back ( slacker) row an side were full. And the back km room. They started kicking moms with babies out at t ours and make the m.h sit in front

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

I have to laugh at you saying the back row is the slacker row 😆... Oh well, that’s where I sat because I came in late because I worked.. I would sometimes sit on the side but in the back as well.

I had no desire to sit in the front and I really didn’t like many JWs who sat in the front. I considered them brown-noses. They wanted to be noticed because of how ‘spiritual’ they were with their comments.🤮

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

If my mother is anything to go by, the fact that their hall is full because of cut backs and hall sales does not enter their minds. My mother was just boasting about the wonderful spirit in her congregation and the large groups as a sign of Jehovah's approval. In fact unless her hall gets sold she probably doesn't even know it is happening.

• asp59
    asp59

moreconfusedthanever My mother is the same. But shes like a lot of JWs this days. Body at the meeting some times. But the mind is at another place. No idé telling her something really. They in there own world

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

The medical world can keep a "dead corpse" legally alive for years. Termination of life can be extended to the extreme of when it is no longer beneficial for any or all parties involved.

There is a considerable number of people from large appetite young male Bethelites to older overweight "Pillars in the Congregation/District" Elders that are adrenaline junkies who love the thrush of hearing their introduction heard from the stage that benefits in continuing the lie.

• LV101
    LV101

LongHairGal -- I agree re/sitting in the back of those bunkers. I couldn't stand being more than a few rows up from the back when seats were taken and when the 'servants' would try to lead us up near the front I refused. Seemed like back rows were in demand but always good to be as close to an exit as possible.

• blondie
    blondie

But do they invite df'd members to go up to the front?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit