A little something you have not yet heard.

by lastmanstanding 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think they simply don't want Witnesses seeing their hypocrisy, so they've taken to printing "Nations". If they print "United Nations" in their rags, it's so easy to look online and find evidence of their once being in bed with "the beast". In fact I believe they recognize their own indiscretion and now care to pretend the whole sordid thing didn't happen and as usual re write history.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Diogenesister

Interesting point of view, I gave you a like.
    I’ll bet though, that if you had been there with me in the summer of 2016 and been privy to the conversations, with both Katheryn and Filipo, and then felt the cold shoulder from Filipo who was originally very eager to help, you might think Watchtology got talked to.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I think they simply don't want Witnesses seeing their hypocrisy, so they've taken to printing "Nations". If they print "United Nations" in their rags, it's so easy to look online and find evidence of their once being in bed with "the beast". ''

That is why it is so crucial to hang-on to older WT publications earnestly.

To show they are a publication company speaking from both sides of their mouth and reinventing themselves all along.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Beth Sarim.

Oh… I do hang on to the older pubs. I have a comprehensive library that includes all the oldest WATCHTOWER bounds, Rutherfords recordings, the 1934 yearbook and so much other stuff.

All the most rare stuff, the false predictions, the UN articles printed for the purpose of fooling the UNDPI, the articles telling us not to go to school as the end was coming so many times.

I have to organize my library,

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - "...I think they simply don't want Witnesses seeing their hypocrisy, so they've taken to printing 'Nations'..."

Ten bucks says their lawyers have told 'em that the Org's tax exemption is approaching the chopping block, and they gotta quit rocking the fucking boat.

Gotta be tough when you're stuck with an outdated Cold-War-centric End-TImes script and no one left with the imagination or narrative chops to give it the page-one rewrite it so sorely needs. Vidiot

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Vidiot

I hope so, I hope their lawyers walked right in there and laid it down.

I just wanted to do one thing to really hurt ‘em. And I think I did. I am going to put up some pictures from my visit to the UN.

I want to call them, tell them what I did, ask them how it feels when the truth comes bearing down on them like a load of gravel on an alley cat. I want to tell them of the look on Katheryn’s face when she saw the full Watchtower doctrine on the UN. Ask them what they think. I’d record it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    lastmanstanding - "...I hope their lawyers walked right in there and laid it down."

IMO, the really interesting question is...

...why is said tax-exemption (not having to "pay back Caesar's things to Caesar", I might add ) so important to "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization"...

...so important, in fact, that if push comes to shove, they'll show their throat to "Satan's World" (whilst hoping the rank-and-file don't notice)?

Occam's razor? The Org has allowed its "business model" to become dependent on said exemption...

...or to put it more succinctly, the Org's survival has become dependent on it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Watchtower has toned down the rhetoric a lot in recent years and that apples to Babylon the Great, the U N and homosexuality. The position on these things has not changed but they say it more politely now.

They did say this in May 2020 which is pretty recent

"…………
    The king of the north has supported the king of the south in one key endeavor; they “put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.” (Dan. 11:31) That “disgusting thing” is the United Nations.

18. Why is the United Nations described as a “disgusting thing”?

18 The United Nations organization is described as a “disgusting thing” because it claims to be able to do something that only God’s Kingdom can do​—bring world peace. And the prophecy says that the disgusting thing “causes desolation” because the United Nations will play a key role in the destruction of all false religion.”

……

NB .. 20 years ago I was new to this board having recently awoke to WT , I was shocked to think that all the time I had conducted Group Studies in the Rev book lambasting the U N, they were cozying up to it as an NG O!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"where he talked about the WT being involved with the UN"

They were never involved with the UN. Their being an NGO is not what I would call involvement.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Their being an NGO is not what I would call involvement.

But officer, I didn't go inside the bank, or use a gun, or shoot anybody during the robbery; I only waited outside and drove the get away car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit