Is New Zealand right to ban military style guns?

by ThomasCovenant 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Thomasdam
    Thomasdam

James Madison Oppressors can only tyrannize when they achieve a standing army and enslaved press and a disarmed population.

Thomas Jefferson, no freeman shall ever be disbarred the use of arms.

George Mason, To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.

Patric Henry the great object is that every man be armed

To argue that the flintlock is what they were talking about would be like saying Since TV and Radio and the Internet were not known it does not come under the first Amendment.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

NZ already had a ban on the 30 round capacity magazine used.

Thomasdam -

The actual fucking nut himself, he planned the attack and he used the .556.

• Thomasdam
    Thomasdam

So by your logic if he used a Chevy to run down people a chevy would be a much more deadly car than a Ford. It says it all in your name. I don't believe you are correct "again" on the 30 round mags being illegal in NZ. Show me the law before the current debate and its not a .556 its a 5.56 mm or .223 which is 223 thousands of an inch.

• Thomasdam
    Thomasdam

Any gun can be deadly. A 22lr out to around 400 yards can be deadly. The shooter could have killed the same number of people with a 22lr. These arguments do not hold water at all. A 223 is on avg a 55 grain bullet. A 22lr about 29 to 30 grains. A 3006 is about 150 on avg. 7.62x39 125 grains. a 9mm 115 grains. To understand energy you have to understand velocity and mass. a large bullet traveling at a slow speed vs a small bullet traveling at a fast speed. A 223 is a small bullet. Only about double the size of a 22lr in mass but a 22lr moves around 1500 fps where a 223 about 3100 fps. For the ballistically challenged its like a VW bug moving at 200 MPH or a Train moving at 45 MPH.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

What arguments don’t hold water? You are ranting.

The magazines he had were illegally obtained, he wasn’t licensed for them and some of the references he used in obtaining weapons were poor.

The 5.56mm is easily carried in abundance like you said, main reason why it’s so well adopted and probably why this nut job had a car full of it.

• Thomasdam
    Thomasdam

You said that 30 round magazines were illegal not that he did not obtain them legally a big difference but that may go over your head. You did not say the 223 was lighter and a shooter could carry more ammo you said it was suited for killing. You are trying desperately to fix your fuck ups.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

No fuckups, besides my decimal error I’m happy with everything I said.

I’m not certain on the magazine laws currently either.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Just asked a family member who lives in NZ, as he understands there has always been a limit on magazine size either 7 or 10.

• Thomasdam
    Thomasdam
    I don't know what the law in in NZ on standard cap mags. I have not found anything stating you can not buy or own any mag over some number. I know the liberals are salivating in their drool bucket at the NZ Ban. They may get it one day but not for at least 2 years and then I don't know if it would hold up in the SCOTUS. But its why we gun people say all the time now is the time to stack em cheap and deep. KCI Glock 15 and 17 round mags 7.50 at lucky gunner, 30 round magpul 9.99 for the AR15 at SGammo. Ammo is real cheap right now. One should have at least 5000 rounds for each caliber they shoot put up for the Zombie apocalypse. And a few extra for the next panic buy. I had bought a bunch of Ruger 1022 25 round mags just before Sandy Hook. I was selling them for 10 x what I paid. Its a part of my portfolio.
  • zeb
    zeb

what was the question again?

There have been massacres in Australia since the big ban of semi auto firearms.

The massacres were by fire including a nursing home, a back-packers hostel and a family that was all murdered 7 (Ithink) kids as well.

But when anything is up in the news these are all forgotten about.

NZ has had the lightest fa laws anywhere and now they are playing catch-up.

and the NZ PM has never said she wants to ban all guns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit