Need to vent. I am thinking of leaving my wife.

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Take a vacation if you can afford it. Enjoy your hobbies with no shame. If she prioritizes service and fellowship over you, then find ways to enjoy yourself. If she projects and accuses you of being selfish, tell her she has eternity while all you have is this life.

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

More good advice in the first page of this thread then I saw in nearly 40 years of being a JW

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It gets tougher to deal with sometimes more than others. I just hate seeing how brainwashed she is when it comes to this cult.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

This I'm afraid this is a common occurrence...One moves ahead spiritual (you) and one person is stuck in the cult.

A happy ending? For most people the odds are not in your favorite.

My 27 year marriage ended when I woke up but my Jdumb wife choose her church/god over her children and husband.

I tried to talk to her....she was a deer in head lights with eyes glazed over....there was no getting through. They had completely taken over her mind and body.

Good luck my friend.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That divorce thing. Separation is the recommended course for spiritual endangerment. Usually encourage adultery. The elders support and advice depends on how hot your wife is and if any of them think they are in a position to make a move.

• Emma
    Emma

Coming from another angle, perhaps she's hoping you'll end the marriage to free her to find someone "faithful". So I agree to talk to her, you may find motives and feelings.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I am one of those that Joe134cd describes.I turned up here for lifeline support.

It is a massively heartbreaking and extremely difficult experience that cannot properly be described in words.

I wish that on no one, ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit