Need to vent. I am thinking of leaving my wife.

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

I am so sick of this cult, this religion has such a grip on her. Since I left in 2014, things just are getting progressively worse. And she it's just getting deeper and deeper. Her hall merged with another hall, and just is more and more brainwashed. In reality I don't think she cares if our marriage falls apart.

I am thinking of meeting with a lawyer and find out my rights.

I hate the person she has become with this cult...I could go on and on. Maybe one of you all could talk with me. I just need to vent.

• Simon
    Simon

Have you talked to her about how you feel?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I agree with Simon on this. When you do talk with her, make sure you keep your emotions in check and keep things calm.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Good to vent, I feel sorry for you. Such a situation can be suffocating. Not so long ago you wrote: 'Ya, my life with my wife is shite about 15% of the time and the other 85% of the time we have a great relationshiop.'

15% doesn't sound like total hell to me but ok, who am I to judge. Now if there's still (some) love and hope for the better, is it possible to plant seeds of doubt in her mind in order to 'wake' her up or at least slow her down from her crazy brainwashed jw life? Some on this forum have done that, a bit of 1914 here, a bit of ARC there...and with succes.

All the best gte!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Calmly & subtly introduce questions about the cult's teachings to her - questions which can stir her thinking processes. You have to counter the indoctrination which controls her mind.

You are the enlightened one in this situation, so be confident. I wish you well.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Leaving you wife will have bigger and more painful ramifications than you immediately think. Be bloody careful, mate. You could bugger your life up good and proper.

Communication is obviously needed.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have to agree with all of the above posters on this, communication between the two of you is essential

Not so long ago you wrote: 'Ya, my life with my wife is shite about 15% of the time and the other 85% of the time we have a great relationshiop.'

That sounds bloody good to me ? Things can`t be too bad surely. No marriage /partnership is going to be much better than That ? Nobody`s perfect neither her or you.

Unless things have changed dramatically ,I fail to see how you have got to the stage your at now.?

You both need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with each other and try to resolve the situation.

The alternative is not something to look forward to I`m afraid.

I wish you well and hope everything turns out to both you and your wifes satisfaction.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Age? There are 2 things in a womans life that hit, menopause, and senility. Mine is showing signs of the second. Leaving a marriage has lots of downs. Do your best to not keep things stirred up, i know there are a lot of things i could say amd be right, but to what end.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have been down the divorce road before.

As many here have mentioned, communication is the key. Let her talk. Then let her talk some more. And then more.

Even if you have strong disagreements on religion, you have been together and know each other.

There are so many negatives or downs when breaking up. Again, I am speaking from experience.

I don't know your feelings about using a biblical verse, but you could quote the Matthew 19:6 verse that says what God has put together, let no man tear apart.

Maybe that is not applicable in your case but keep it in your pocket if she goes too far down the religious route.

I wish you the very best, but please communicate.

Rub a Dub

• carla
    carla

All the talking is all good and well but at some point you may have to agree to disagree. My jw didn't join up until we had been married for a very long time (longer than many marriages today). Finally, there was no getting through to him on the jw thing and there was no way in hell I would ever become one. Now? we do not discuss anything jw related, not a word. I do not leave apostate material around and he doesn't leave jw litter-ature around. Kind of an unspoken rule. Yes, he goes out in fs and to meetings and it still drives me crazy but I say nothing. In turn he can't say much about the Christmas tree going up and decorating the house!

We found a way to still go and have fun,vacations, dinners, family and so forth. Those first few years of him joining the cult were sheer hell I don't wish upon anybody and I don't care to repeat. I physically, emotionally and mentally could not keep doing the jw discussion thing. I would be in a loony bin if we still kept it up. In my mind his loony bin is the kh (ha, just kind of kidding).

Life will never be the same for you and your wife no matter what you decide. It can get better than it is now though if you both want it.

She is probably scared to death from her jw mindset. If you are able, show her love, bring her flowers, make her coffee and bring it to her, make her dinner, do something nice even if you don't feel like it. Make the effort, find a way back to each other and it can get pretty darn nice again. Not the same, but with love again.

She may need to know you are not becoming some devil worshiping, drug addled, fornicating apostate. You are still the same person who simply chooses to believe differently.

I know in my mind I have my pre-jw days I look so fondly on and sometimes still miss terribly and I am sure my jw wishes with all his heart that we could go together to the kh.

Wishing you well whichever road you take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit