So My Ex-Wife Calls Me Last Night For "Advice"...

by pale.emperor 42 Replies latest members private

• flipper
    flipper

PALE- Wow, great job dude in assisting your ex-wife to understand how real life is outside of the JW cult. Beautiful job on your part. I agree with Mentalclarity in encouraging her to make new friends outside of the Witnesses- people who will show unconditional love and care for her.

I totally know what your wife is going through as I felt this way around my JW family for years. Unaccepted. I still feel that way around them, especially attending funerals a lot like I have the last 7 months. Even if JW relatives don't SAY anything mean- you still can read their emotions towards you- you get a vibe that's unaccepting. I'm glad you're there for your ex-wife if she needs to talk. I hope for her own peace of mind- she escapes the JW cult. Thanks for sharing, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

May I ask, IF she REALLY cuts ties (physical and emotional) with the society, would you get back together with her?

The Elephant?

• Half banana
    Half banana

PE, the really good thing is that your daughter should not be subjected to the indoctrination and repressive mind control which goes with being a JW.

• never a jw
    never a jw

PE

It's ironic, but I think your ex-wife needs a friend. And you are, under the circumstances, the best candidate. She really needs a lot of help.

• jp1692
    jp1692

PE: She tells me she feels trapped.

Yep, that's exactly right. Probably most, if not all, of us here felt that way at one point before our exit from the cult.

PE: I didn't try and convince her it's all a lie, i just let her speak. I told her understand.

Good for you, and good for her!

That's the best strategy.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

You treated her exactly the way you should treat someone on the cusp of waking up. Good job!

Are you guys divorced because of the religion?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

May I ask, IF she REALLY cuts ties (physical and emotional) with the society, would you get back together with her?

PE, is there a chance of you two getting back together if she decided to "fade". It would be difficult for her father to complain about her desire to keep the family together "for your daughter's benefit".

Actually. We're well moved on from there. The only thing we had in common was that we "loved Jehovah". I do care about her very much, but it's in the same manner that you'd care for a child that's being taken advantage of. Plus, i've been with a few women since we split which is no secret. My life is A LOT better not living with an OCD, depressed person that basically used me as a carer. Sounds horrible but it's true.

Your willingness to let her be herself and to process things her own way stands in stark contrast to the constant WT indoctrination and manipulation through guilt and fear.

Thanks. After leaving Watchtower i refuse to allow myself to use their form of reasoning.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You're a good guy in doing this for her even though you've expressed your feelings about her above. The world needs more good humans. I saw this when I got up for work and didn't have time to reply then, but really all there is to say is good for you.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good for you PE. So glad you have moved on. I agree...your kindness to you ex is commendable. 👍

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Great, you just never know when someone will start to wake up.

Just keep sending her the "come on in the water's fine" message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit