So My Ex-Wife Calls Me Last Night For "Advice"...

by pale.emperor 42 Replies latest members private

• Chook
    Chook
    My current wife doesn't want my advice I don't know what advice I could give to a former wife. Anyway she'll be back for more stable advice with no overlapping overtones. Next she will says she regrets leaving you, I'm sure you will offer fine advice. She will be buying birthday presents in 2 years. Chief apostate Pale verse kings of Warwick .
  • Tallon
    Tallon

Thank for sharing, PE.

Glad to hear that your wife is waking up to all the nonsense that is the WTBTS.

With your wife seeing the Org for what it truly is, and hopefully she will eventually leave it all behind, it looks as if your daughter will have a great future.

Best wishes to you all.

• sir82
    sir82

A huge number - millions - of JWs would express themselves similarly, if they were guaranteed that their words would remain confidential & would never be used against them.

Imagine the psychological toll on them - not just the feeling of being trapped, but also having deep inner feelings that can never be expressed to anyone - at least not anyone close to them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Pale.emperor there are 11 replies in this thread to this point....not a one of them is harsh or dismissive........ all voiced concern for your wife's situation. Why not share some of these 'voices' with your wife.

Assure her of the confidential nature of this forum and that there are total strangers who know what she is going through because many are experiencing these things as well.

"It is thus with most of us; we are what other people say we are."

I think that is particularly true for a JW.

Maybe it would be helpful for her to read some of these comments.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Tell her that according to the WT and Elduhs, all of her problems are caused by not attending all the meetings, praying hard enough, or going out in Field Service enough. Cause in WT-Land, that's the cure-all for everyone's ails! lol
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

May I ask, IF she REALLY cuts ties (physical and emotional) with the society, would you get back together with her?

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Sounds like she's on her way. I'd encourage her to get closer to non-jw's. The more nice non-jw's I had around me the easier it was to leave my network of family/friends behind.

Ahhhh- the passive aggressive silent treatment - I've often wondered if all JW's do this- maybe because we're taught to completely disconnect from people when they do something wrong on an organizational level, we do the same thing at home with smaller issues.

• Ding
    Ding

She tells me she feels trapped.

It's great that she can confide in you like this.

She says "It's not fair, my friend Kim (a non JW she met in our daughters nursery) is so much nicer than any of the witnesses."

This runs directly counter to the WT stereotypes about "worldly" people. I imagine what makes this friendship so attractive is that Kim isn't passing judgment or constantly pressuring her.

Now, she has said this before in private to me when i first left. But it only took an hour with her elder dad and then she suddenly believed it again and denied she ever said it.

I used to be shocked when I saw this type of behavior, but now I think it is commonplace among people who are in a thought control environment.

I didn't try and convince her it's all a lie, i just let her speak. I told her understand.

Your willingness to let her be herself and to process things her own way stands in stark contrast to the constant WT indoctrination and manipulation through guilt and fear.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It just shows what most Witnesses think. They are held captive in this religion because of the shunning policy. It's a shame for your wife.

Of course this is why they are considered "extremist" and are being banned in some areas of the world. They do indeed break up families and that is not beneficial for society.

PE, is there a chance of you two getting back together if she decided to "fade". It would be difficult for her father to complain about her desire to keep the family together "for your daughter's benefit".

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good news! Thanks for sharing. We think more and more JW's are waking up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit