Is there such a thing as true religion?

by Half banana 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Definition of an Oxymoron,” faith unfaithful kept him falsely true”, about sums it up!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I belive religion truly controls those who are part of it. They are organizations who are true controllers of people. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I belive religion truly controls those who are part of it. They are organizations who are true controllers of people. Still Totally ADD

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Of course the True Religion is the one you chose---right? Why else would you chose it if it wasn't true? But to be truthful, religion is a psychological prison that is hard to break out of even when you know it's all bullsh*t!

Best religion is NO religion!

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religion is based from mythological expressions and influenced by human ignorance and that is a " Truth "

• Half banana
    Half banana

@Vanderhoven, since the idea of a the miraculous god-man saviour existed before Jesus, what constitutes an authentic christian?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Credit where credit's due...

...the WTS was so good at discrediting "false" religion (i.e. every other religion out there), that by the time I faded, I was pretty much inoculated against the need to find a "true" one.

As a result, my family and I are quite happily religion-free.

I think most of us reach a stage (fairly early) in our WTexit where we realize, "if the Org doesn't have The Truth, no one does".

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Only in the mind of the true believer. There is no way to prove that one belief system is true. You can not prove god exists at this time. If a god shows up and says this is the right way then you would have to reason out who and what this thing is. But now there is no proof of any god. No proof of any of the supernatural things on the bible. Only disproof. No global flood ever happened can be proven. No one can prove the Jesus of the bible existed and if he did that he was born of a virgin and did any of the supernatural things accredited to him.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Atheism is not a religion, No one can prove god does not exist. That said because you can not prove something does not exist does not mean it does exist. I can not prove that the Nazis colonized the moon but I highly doubt it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Is there such a thing as true religion?

No. There is true gullibility though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit