why are we interested in what is going on in the JW

by enoughisenough 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''It's kind of like watching a train wreck as it happens.''

A slow motion train wreck as it happens is correct.. That's why there are so many ExJw's an non-exJW's on youtube watching videos because they are just captivated by watching a slow-motion train wreck.

Yes. That's correct.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

here is another reason I pay attention to a bit of the JW stuff ( mostly tidbits from "apostates" who are doing reviews: if I end up talking to some of my far off JW friends that don't know I left the org., I want to be able to not be clueless as to what is going on. That being said, we get information here before the R and F do.

• TD
    TD

Some of us have JW family even if we were never JW's ourselves. Siblings, aged parents, even spouses. You can't just turn your back and pretend that reality doesn't exist, especially in the case of a spouse.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I have only a mild interest, since it was a part of my life for a long time and because my mother and a few family on her side are still dyed-in-the-wool JWs. But I didn't register here and start posting until I saw the Lloyd Evans stuff start happening and was curious about what was going on. I had left the organization quietly and am at peace with my decisions and with my life, so I wasn't really interested in the organization. But the discussion does bring up memories, and I find some of the topics interesting still. It's a chance to really see it in a different (new?) light.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

Also, so many people have been negatively affected by their policies. As others have said, the chickens have come home to roost! It seems to all be hitting at once.

The worst policies are the shunning and the anti-education/career policies. Over the decades too many have felt the awful effects of these policies. Untold numbers of JWs are poor/needy/indigent today and this was totally unnecessary.

The shunning routine has broken up families and worse. I was a ‘victim’ to a much lesser degree because I worked. Today, I look back and see how I resisted busybodies and stupid fools from interfering with my life.

The religion has acted arrogantly, in my opinion. They were so disfellowship-happy for so long. Now they can’t get people to stay. So, it is interesting to watch as a spectator and see what’s going on.

• careful
    careful

The list of those who were active when this forum began or in its early years but have dropped out is much larger than those early members who are still around, especially if we don't count those who have joined up here more recently. Plenty of those early member dropouts have Witness family still in.

So the question might be more narrowly asked "Why have we stayed active here when others in similar situations as ourselves, who were once very active here, have indeed moved on beyond the ex-JW community? Are our needs different from theirs?"

BTW, just to set matters straight, this is my third incarnation on JWN/JWD, largely due to losing my password when Simon made major changes and I had to reregister to get back in. So I go back years before my current nic shows.

• LV101
    LV101

Ooops -- sorry/see this thread stopped 4 days ago -- I hit 'Cancel' once I realized 🤪 but didn't work!

"why are we interested" -- simple: Hopium -- I hope they crash and burn/payback su_ks. I'm not counting on it but let the show begin. Please share the best YouTube links for my hopium fix/thanks.

• blondie
    blondie

I would think some ex-jws or faders are still interested because they have family still in the WTS and perhaps friends. Some of these people may try to share the new good news with them. This way ex-jws/faders will know what they might use and be prepared to present other new info or reason with them kindly with thought-provoking questions.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

When i first found this site i stayed on almost 24/7. Reading everything, commenting, getting feedback, rinse, repeat. So many hurtful things were going on that led to us quitting the meetings, and our family cracked apart; a bunch of stuff happened. No more "friends" to talk to from the KH, so i just conversated here on this forum. I know it was good for me and just exactly what I needed, because more than 10 years later, I'm much more free of the thoughts about the JW topic, for longer stretches.

My theory is that the mind-controls installed in our emotions, thinking processes and attitudes are so strongly rooted, that it takes a long time to heal down through many layers. Reading all the info, CoC, watching the Royal Commission, writing about my experiences, etc. - all helps to heal the damage from being in a mind-control cult. I realize my inner emotions are getting detached from it all, a little bit at a time, and I don't think that would have happened if I had just tried to forget.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Because our lives are still affected if we have active family members who have no awakened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit