why are we interested in what is going on in the JW

by enoughisenough 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    The past year has been in interesting ride. I never looked very closely, or I would have found something to hinge my decision to leave on sooner. I had always told myself if something stood out to me that directly went against what I knew to be in the Bible, that I would leave. ( in hindsight, I think that thought was there because subconsciously I knew things weren't right ) Anyway, what I want to say about this interesting ride is in a short while I learned more about the org being on the outside than I did being in for 50 years, and that is because instead of just leaving JWs, I dug deeper into it's past and came to appreciate, it was built on a pack of lies from it's inception.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For me , with family still devout Witnesses, it is a case of having checked out but “ I can never ever leave” to quote the Eagles.

Of course I am interested in what goes on anyway , obsessed almost… I would love to find the golden bullet that would allow their eyes to open but that has not yet happened.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It's kind of like watching a train wreck as it happens.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I still have some relationship with JW family. They tell me about anything JW when they please. I keep more up to date on their beliefs and going’s on so I have a retort when necessary. Otherwise getting caught off guard about something reinforces their position of the truth. I do love a quick reply that ends their conversation. I still get random texts, emails, or mail about coming back. If they’re gonna randomly try to teach me or make a point, I’m going to be more prepared than they could imagine.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    BluesBrother

I would love to find the golden bullet that would allow their eyes to open but that has not yet happened.
    The 'golden bullet' might be when PA. Grand Jury Report is released; but still, their eyes are programmed to deny reality.
    The real 'golden bullet' occurs when people allow themselves to be curious.
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Blues: exactly, family, ingrained habits, inability to completely relate to experiences in the world.; bdays, haloween, xmas, military, prom, sex, beard/ long hair.

" sin" is overtime, college, beard, real vacation, music, impure thoughts. The list goes on and on.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    “…..corruption…”

Not corruption. Human imperfection, yes—even inexcusable.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

@fisherman I understand you’re a believer, i don’t think you would give that same latitude of “not corruption” to inexcusable behavior of other religions.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CARLA:

You say like a horoscope. I think it’s more like horror-scope! 🤣

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

i don’t think you would give that same latitude

Of course I can, objectively. For example I don’t reject substance here because an unbeliever is standing on it. You would have to define corruption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit