why are we interested in what is going on in the JW

by enoughisenough 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    For the most of us, we have left the JWs...and even though we are no longer JW, many of us are still interested in their beliefs, doctrines and practices as currently practiced. I was trying to sort out in my mind why I still care about what they are doing. I think the answer to that is a hope that something will develop in the JWs that will wake up a lot of others, and selfishly, a lot of my friends. Also when some "new light " comes out, it reinforces that getting out of all the lies was the right thing to do. I also know that many keep up so as to help others to see how ridiculous and false some of the teachings are-again in hopes more come out of the cult.
  • Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

To be honest, I really wonder why it feels impossible to just leave that part of the past 60 odd years behind, and just get on with life now.

Why, oh why am I so drawn to anything JW or xJW? ( Except the .org website )

Probably, if I was 20 years younger I could get a job, possibly take a college course, plan some sort of future? Or possibly become a useful member of the human race?

Is it the indoctrination we underwent, - the constant drilling into our psyche that this is the ‘Truth’ and we must live accordingly, or we will be forever weeping and gnashing the teeth until we die!

Or maybe perhaps just the fact I cannot stop kicking myself for being so dumb all this time, it comforts me that I’m not the only one😒

Many thanks to all of you who share your thoughts and feelings, 😊, it helps!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

What keeps me curious is watching how much worse the religion has gotten over the last 23 years since I ‘Faded’.

I remember all the self-righteous individuals who knocked me back then because I wouldn’t quit my full-time job to pioneer. I predicted (to myself) that I didn’t want to be anywhere near these Witnesses when reality hit them.. Well, reality has come in the form of retirement age with these people being unprepared. I hate being proven right about this.. I can never forget the un-Christian class distinctions in the congregations! Of course, single working women like myself were at the bottom!

When I was attending years ago, the demographic in the congregation was suburban types. There were no panhandlers there coming up to people. Now? You have got too many needy people all in one place..with too few responsible working people plus a religion with No social programs! Not a place I would want to be!

If I were stupid enough to still be there, I would be targeted to give money for people who chose not to work.. I would then end up having to tell some idiot off!

• Magnum
    Magnum

People are interested in all sorts of things - fictional and nonfictional. They are interested in and discuss many things from Game of Thrones to quantum physics.

JWdom affected some of us greatly; for some of us, it was our lives for decades. Some of us were extremely negatively affected by it. I think it's natural for one to be interested in something that played such a big role in his life. Hell, I'm still interested in the goings-on at my old high school.

In addition, the JWdom situation is real life. Observing the goings-on in JW land is a study in human nature, psychology, sociology, law, justice, religion, etc.

Also, I hate deception, phoniness, stupidity, self-righteousness, condescension, lies, corruption, unreasonableness, etc, and such abound in JW land. I have a strong sense of justice, and I love to see justice administered. I am eager to see it weaken and to see the reactions of the org as a whole and individual JWs.

And one more thing... the cult still has all my family members except my wife. The fact that some of us still have family in is further reason to be interested.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe most of us are interested in the Borg because the Borg is now reaping the byproducts of it's stance against education, blood doctrine, two witness rule and shunning policies. Just to name a few of the controversial and harmful pracitices.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i resigned 50 years ago.

I only discovered this online XJW thing in about 2010, when i found out my son had been d/f'd and wanted to try to find him after some 25 years of estrangement.

i have no interest whatsoever in anything involving god/ bible/ jesus or any discussion on here involving the same. But i am interested in any new trend which could lead to the end of this hateful cult.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I started on this board as I was a JW and thus, felt directly impacted and I was seaking exposer to all the things the WT was hiding from me.

Once I left, I understood enough to warrant me leaving, but not enough to be satisfied. So, I kept watching for everything that had to do with JWs, including their religious view and practices.

Several years later, this interest has faded into a case study of how humans control and fool themselves in social groups (religions, political parties, companies, dancing club, karate dojos, etc). The JWs are a very good example of how various tools can be used to make people do things that are against their own interest or that of others, seemingly for the benefit of a greater cause, something greater than themselves. Such examples include propaganda, logical fallacies, disproportionate sense of belonging, overbearing and dominating over your life. While there are more to these, the idea is that all these bad things that are found in JWs are also found in other group.

The main difference with Religions and other social groups however is that they may control your entire social circle (family and friend), which, in turn, may extend control over you beyond what some may be able to bare. This is where they are more dangerous then everything else and I guess that's what brings me back to this board often. To see how far they can keep pushing such control and how they achieve it.

• carla
    carla

As a ubm I have to keep up so I know how whacky my might be next week or next month. I usually know long before he does about anything jw related and know what is coming down the pipeline and how it may affect his mood, more judgy than usual, gloom & doom, etc....

Kind of like a horoscope

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Jwism was forced on to me most of my youthful life. I have been judged by self-righteous, arrogant people for years. Always in my business. Watching the failed things of Watchtower is not only eye oopening but laughable to those self-righteous azzclowns, all of them. Really makes them look bad. Watching them panic is entertaining.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe the Borg never seen the internet age coming. And the Borg is being exposed for what it really is. A hateful organization, breaking-up families and what not.

Maybe lurkers or people stumbling on here can learn something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit