What’s Your View On Self Defense?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’d really like to see a picture of pistolpete. And I don’t have a gun, but I do support my right to have one. I live in a “safe” neighborhood, and don’t place myself in dangerous places late at night. Once, I cashed my paycheck, went to Venture to buy underwear for my husband. I noticed a young man in a hoodie watching me take the cash out of my purse to pay for my items. When I walked out of the store, he walked out after me. I turned right around and walked back into the store. Security walked me to my car, and I was fine. I think this kid wanted to grab my purse. But I was aware, as you need to be when you are out and about.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I may be mistaken but I sure do get the impression that some posters are just itching to get an opportunity to shoot and kill someone.

'Dear Jehovah, please let someone cross me in some way that I get an opportunity to blast a hole in their body. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.''

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

As former Jws for many of us, we need remember that Jehovah is not going to protect us from EVIL PEOPLE.

Our life and the lives of our family is in Our Hand!

IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF ABSOLUTE CRUELTY, THEN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM TO ANYONE WHO IS.

IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF TOTAL ABSOLUTE VIOLENCE, THEN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM TO ANYONE WHO IS.

THIS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Can Angels Help Us? Are There Bad Angels? | Bible Questions Answered

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Violence is ugly. It doesn't matter who uses it. It doesn't matter how it is used. Our brains are geared to fight, freeze, or run when we see it.

Like a tool, violence just sits there, inanimate, waiting for someone to pick it up. Violence is neither good or bad. It is a tool. Like any other took it can be used for good or it can be used for bad. So, it is in the way the user wields the tool that determines how it should be viewed.

• minimus
    minimus

I think we are being realistic. I know of many people that carry . Not one of them are hotheads. They simply know how to protect themselves. There’s a lot of crazy people out there!

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I still have my letters correspondence when I was first really starting to question the cult. I first asked what the cults or the JWs view of using a gun for self defense was. I used the bible where Jesus says that if a man does not have a sword sell his outer garment and buy one. The cult does not care if its members are killed they would rather see you and your family dead than a news headline that that says JW kills intruder. They are such a bunch of assholes.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The letter I sent to the cult

• iXav
    iXav
    The cult does not care if its members are killed they would rather see you and your family dead than a news headline that that says JW kills intruder. They are such a bunch of assholes.

That is an interesting letter from the org. You need to remember that the org has a public image of non-violence. They say it is a personal matter but then they judge and say you are not spiritually matured. screenshot from WT July 2017 below

• minimus
    minimus

The Wt. does not like guns

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What’s Your View On Self Defense? - well, I've got to functional legs, so I would generally walk or run away if trouble started up in a public area.

My own home is a different matter. I don't own a gun so if there was any serious trouble in my own home, I could use a knife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit