What’s Your View On Self Defense?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If someone comes to you with a knife or a gun, would you defend yourself if you could? If someone tried to beat you up , would you physically engage, run away or just try to talk the person out of beating you up or robbing you? If you did have a gun to defend yourself would you shoot to kill or would you simply aim for the ankle to incapacitate the person??

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Sadly I would whack the SOB then maybe have some regrets latter.

Human or animal

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I will shot to kill. Chest or head. If I have to fight hand to hand I am more than qualified and I will truly try to hurt and immobilize the fool

• JeffT
    JeffT

There's no such thing as shooting to wound someone or something. Guns and bullets do strange things, not intended by the shooter. You should assume that if you pull the trigger, what's in front of the gun might die. If it doesn't die, it's lucky.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I’m young, physically fit to the max, taller than the average TALL American, taken BJJ for around 5 years, been a bodybuilder for years,

But I will never engage someone in a fight. It’s just not worth it.

First of all, no one ever bothers me because my girl tells me I look like a freaking polar bear dressed in pants and boots.

Second of all, I never hang around stupid people, or go to stupid places, at stupid times.

Third of all, I am a legal CCW. So If I pull out my weapon, it’s to END A DEADLY THREAT. And I don’t miss.

If someone breaks into my home-------they've broken in Mr. and Mrs John Wick's home. ⚰⚰

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Self defense is a skill that everyone should learn. As far as the use of a firearm...I am a CWP holder, I practice, practice, practice with every one of my firearms. I firmly believe in gun control, and that is why I hit what I aim at (Tip of the hat to pistolpete). As far as, "would you simply aim for the ankle to incapacitate the person??" No. Center mass, and shoot until the threat is neutralized. Also IMO everyone should learn and practice "situational awareness". There are way to many nitwits wandering around in a mental daze with no clue what is going on around them.

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Police do not prevent crime, they investigate after the fact. Better to be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I carry a 9mm where ever I go. Even to town for bread run. I hope I don't need it but if I do and someone is trying to assault me I will shoot them in the chest. I don't care the color of their skin they get no woke break from me.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy.

LOL-----I like that-----hope you don't mind but I plan to use that phrase.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Stay away from situations. Try to talk. Skinny old men usually lose a fight.

I am too slow witted to win a gun fight

• Overrated
    Overrated

I'm all for self Defense! Screw these anti gun people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit