The Unforgivable Sin (LOL)

by Cimarrona 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

I remember my mother teaching me that a conscience was like an alarm in my head that would warn me when I'm on the verge of doing something immoral. If I ignored the beeping, the batteries would run out. I'd lose my moral compass. JWs teach that that is the unforgivable sin - exhausting Holy Spirit by ignoring a JW-trained conscience. The consequence of committing the unforgivable sin is eternal destruction, they said. Gehenna. Once you died, you'd be dead forever without the hope of resurrection in a paradise earth. When I first left, it scared me. I was comfortable with being dead forever (and since suicide wasn't the unforgivable sin as Catholics teach, willing to hedge my bets by killing myself before Armageddon); but the idea that the Holy Spirit would disappear from my life and take with it love, joy, peace, goodness, and kindness (fuck the other four fruitages). I'd find myself grateful for the shame and guilt I felt because, in my mind at the time, those feelings were reassurance that I hadn't committed the unforgivable sin yet. The despair I felt, the loneliness, the thoughts about seeking reinstatement only to become inactive, THE SERIOUS CONSIDERATION OF KILLING MYSELF BECAUSE OF COURSE I COULDN'T AFFORD TO DIE DURING ARMAGEDDON - all evidence of God's active force chipping away the ice from my hardened heart. Was this what it felt like to be called by Jehovah? Thank god. Here I'd been thinking I was being shunned for something I couldn't control - never having been called by God - when actually he was with me all along, making me feel terrible every step of the way. Anyway... my alarm eventually stopped beeping. Not because I lost my moral compass but because, somehow, leaving god's appointed earthly organization I got one. I feel less inclined to lie now - about why I can't come to my friend's birthday party or buy her a Christmas present or suck my partner's dick (or more accurately how I am indeed sucking his dick). About the funny smelling smoke wafting about my apartment and the dried mushrooms in my fridge. I have all the sex I want because, like seriously, when has humankind ever really not been about sex outside of marriage, and I carry my bastard child around like a badge of honor. And other than that I just sleep, eat, study, write, and use the toilet. There isn't even as much opportunity for sin in my worldly little life as they'd had me thinking. I reach a moral impasse maybe once a year. I'm almost disappointed.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In fact, the unforgivable sin is knowing that joke-hova is a tyrant that is determined to enslave the whole human race, and that the whole program (whether in the form of judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, or islam) is tied to enslaving the whole human race. Once you realize that, you are not going to want to go back to this work (unless, that is, you are pure scum). You no longer believe that that thing called jesus krayst has anything to do with your salvation. Nor does joke-hova or allah. You are moved to openly renounce the butt-holy spirit, because you now see that it is counterproductive toward personal salvation and that of the human race. Which is, in fact, the sin against the butt-holy spirit.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Unforgivable is allowing agonizing pain, untold suffering, devastating starvation, cruel torture, racial injustice, horrible birth defects, etc., etc. to be possible in the first place and then to allow it to continue IF YOU HAVE THE POWER TO STOP IT!

just saying!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Isn't it terrible that if you take jw theology to its logical conclusion we would all kill ourselves and our children because you're never sure you're doing enough for the Organization Jehovah to make it through Armageddon and at least you and your children would get resurrected that way.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

...take jw theology to its logical conclusion we would all kill ourselves and our children because you're never sure you're doing enough for the Organization...

I wonder how long it will be before some whacked out elder on a personal power trip engages in theocratic warfare (lying) tells the vongregation that the governing body wrote a letter and then asks the congregation to drink a "special" drink, or take a little pill, all in the name of demonstrating "loyalty" to the WTB&T$?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I agree. The unforgivable sins are those that conveniently cause the most problems to the WT.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My question to the WTB&TS is or any other denomination to define what the unforgiveable sin is ? it was never spelled out to me in my 33 years as a JW.

Is it a specific act or is it just denying what a Christian religion says is the "truth" ? and isn`t that subjective ?

Why doesn`t the Bible define what in simple terms what the unforgiveable sin is ?

Why is it left to humans to give their interpretations of it.?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CIMARRONA:

That was another guilt-trip teaching to promote neurosis and mental illness - The 'unforgivable sin'. This is all designed to keep everybody on edge and never relaxing along with how you can never do enough and how you are supposedly responsible for other people being saved. Please...No wonder Witnesses are all on medication.

• steve2
    steve2

I always thought the unforgivable sin was borrowing my sister’s 1963 model Jaguar and crashing it on the motorway, ignoring her instructions to drive “respectfully and don’t crash it or [she] will never forgive [me]”.

I haven’t committed the last part of the instruction yet (crashing it) although some mean-spirited observers claim I have driven “disrespectfully”.

She still speaks to me though.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Wasn't the unforgivable sin demonstrated on the broadcast? Stephen Lett and his garlic bread?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit