Jehovah's Witness Church Release Statement

by truthseekeriam 58 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

"We are saddened to hear about the death of Prince Rogers Nelson, who was baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in 2003," the church said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE.

The church said that Prince "found fulfillment as a Witness and in sharing his faith with others."

http://www.people.com/article/prince-dead-jehovah-witness-release-statement

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is this a first for the WT, to make such a comment on a worldly celebrity ? Have they ever done it for anybody else?

OK , M.J. became an apostate converting to Islam before he died , and still was given a J.W. funeral at a Kingdom Hall ? Is that true ?

I don`t think the organization ever publicly acknowledged that M.J. ever was a Jehovah`s Witness , true ?

So if this "People" article is correct it seems a shift in policy. What`s next !

Sports stars , movie stars , are now going to be acknowledged as J.W.`s in good standing ?

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener
    This shows their complete support for Prince, they are so desperate for money.
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    I hope they do a regular KH memorial service for him. That would be an excellent opportunity for the rest of the world to see what they're really like. And no, I don't ever remember them saying anything like this before.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    wow - we were wondering about this
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Really? I wonder if he too was conflicted, and disturbed by elements of JW.org.

Did Prince hear about the ARC? Did he too watch the live testimonies from the leadership?

I wonder, did Prince feel comforted and at peace with the direction of the organisation? Did his heart thrill to listen to the manipulative phraseology of the G.O.D.? Was he like many, disturbed and hurt?

How does anyone know what was really in his heart....? Certainly, the 'spokesman' for the church wouldn't truly know - or would they?

I hope he found peace and joy with hope for the universe.

RIP Prince.

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

One the upside of all this publicity of his death is...it gives us a major platform to comment on the practices of jws. Every comment made over the internet on this very sad news story is an opportunity to expose this ponzi scheme cult!

• alanv
    alanv
    The org has changed massively in the last few years. They have no shame any more. They are desperate for new members and more money so they will do whatever it takes to get that. If going mainstream helps then they will go that way.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    Does this mean Watchtower will be releasing statements of condolence for ALL Jehovah's Witnesses, even the most lowly among them, or is this gesture only for the big donor, celebrity types?
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    If he was just average joe publisher. Who possibly had aids and a drug problem. He wouldn't get with in 50 feet of having his service in a Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit