if pre 1975 you said "The system will still be here late 2017" what would be the J.W's reaction?

by karter 29 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

I remember there was a character in our hall in the early 1970's who was one of these older brothers who was zealous in the ministry but never seemed to qualify as a MS or Elder. An outspoken type who didn't sit well with the cliques and P.O. and his cronies.

One reason I believe was that he said (in the early 70's) "don't serve to a date brothers and sisters - this generation could go on 70 or 80 years from 1914 so we may need to run the race like a marathon until 1984 or 1994."

We all thought he was bordering on apostasy or at least completely out of line with the (then) current thinking.

He is of course dead and gone - died in the late 1980's as part of the generation that did indeed pass away.

• waton
    waton
    freddo: "--He is of course dead and gone - died in the late 1980's as part of the generation that did indeed pass away.

and that Jesus said would not pass away. That of course is the falsehood in the current wt generation [the anointed] teaching. By definition that generation has to pass away to be in heaven to finish off the apostates at the end. seriously! as charted by David Splane, speaking for the GB.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    It can easily be proven that David Splane charted the course to 2075. Who would call him an apostate?

Well true, but only if the person lived to be 93 and was baptised when he was 10 or younger! Because remember, some of the generation have to be alive* ( Franz, the example, lived to 1992)

*edit: when big A happens, & they had to be contemporaries of the first lot

• waton
    waton
    Diogenesister.: "--Well true, but only if the person lived to be 93 and was baptised when he was 10 or younger! Because remember, some of the generation have to be alive ( Franz, the example, lived to 1992)

well, I will do the figures again quoting D.S.

He cited F. Franz as the example, but that would have longer living, serving anointed [s]equals.
    Franz dies in 1992 age 99. so he was 21 in 1914, baptised earlier, anointed from the start.

Another brother or sister***, being 21 in 1992 and living to Franz's age or beyond, would live to past 2070. ( another 78 years since the overlap). But if we used your figures, baptism at 10, not 20 like Franz, that would bring us to 2080.

That calculation, according to the chart, brings us only to the end of the anointed generation, raptured then, with most of the Great Tribulation, the Judgement, Armageddon still to follow, allow 5 years, increasing life spans, better medics (nurses like you) and there it is: another 75, . in another century, another millennial. so: 2 0 7 5 it is

*** remember we are talking anointed here, not F&DS, GB.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Suggesting that the system would last until 2000 would indicate a lack of faith. Suggesting that the system would last until 2018 would just make you seem bat-crazy. There was no scenario that would take this system until 2018.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Has anyone who is PIMO ever put a blunt question to a dub...

“Was the following statement true or false.”

”The Awake front page said “This magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 pass away.”

I want to ask one. I would enjoy watching them squirm.

How will they answer. They will never say “false” for nothing that emanates from Brooklyn was ever false. Oh no...

Can they squeak out a “true”... maybe, with a wordy explanation of the light getting brighter.

Then I would ask, why is Christendom now given the same space. Why do we quickly say they are false and not be patient, wait on god. Let their light get brighter.

After all, false statements are not really false, just needing of more light.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I told my loved one that I (50 something) wasn't expected to start kindergarten (70's) and I still get the same response I gave in the 80's when my children were born "yeah but's it's so much closer now".

Uggg I feel stupid!

• waton
    waton

The replay of the 75s

To restate the urgency, as gleaned from the wt publications, as we did in pre-1975.

Assuming a reasonable overlap of 20 years 1972- 1992; and an upper lifespan of 99-101 years ***; a duration of the Great Tribulation, Armageddon of 3.6 years (a favoured wt timespan), then you can see that

1972 plus >100 plus 3.6 gets you to 2075, ( partakers do not survive the beginning of the Great Tribulation)

2075. the convergence of 3 great events:

1) The beginning of the millenium, the PPP.

2) The marriage of the lamb to the 144 k male virgins and

3) The 6st millenial of the the ending of Adams's bachelor state.

***( I talked to several of the near centenarians, including Franz, not sure all were anointed though, but then I am only one of 8 million witnesses to the anointed. This includes partaking sisters, and ladies are known to live past 122. )

To make the math even easier, and anchor 75, go with a birthday of 1975, an overlap of 17 years, to 1992, 100 year old death, = 2075 here we come. surely, now:

Urgency. what urgency,? yes, : it is urgent get your real estate, finances, family planning in shape to last past 2075. because

wt has.

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

Hey, slightly off topic but can anyone point me in the right direction of any wt material that predicted or eluded to 1975.

Ive been told the Wt have never said it and it was all rumour........quite vehemently told that. I'd just like a bit of back up please.

Thanks in advance

Miss W

• waton
    waton

Hey, slightly off topic but can anyone point me in the right direction of any wt material that predicted or eluded to 1975

great hew topic you started. and

there are answers here on 2075 too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit