Update on Australian Royal Commission - Proposed Redress

by Pants of Righteousness 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• username
    username

I agree with Village Idiot too. The way to bring the org to its knees is to freeze ALL assets and then sell off all Kingdom halls. Because you can be sure they will preempt anything that comes their way!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Only problem is, the witnesses will take that action as proof of "satan's people touching Jehovah's eyeball" and sit there waiting for the Big A to happen!

Good. Because it wont.

• cognac
    cognac
    Simon- You are right. It is annoying and completely unfair for taxpayers having to pick up any portion of the tab.
  • username
    username
    In the end its always the taxpayer who pics up the tab. Living in the UK is evidence of this!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Are you kidding me???? I would be livid if the united states government offered one cent to pay victims of church scandals! If there is no punitive effect then what the hell is the point????

Make ANY church or organization that is found to be negligent pay until they are broke. Thats one goal of a lawsuit, to hold people and organizations accountable, often fincially, to discourage future negligence. Hold KH's, assembly halls branch facilities any bank acount with the desert gods name etc etc. Auction off the so called bible history display they are so proud of.... I would send their worthless asses to dig through landfills to find old wt and awake mags for recycling until every dime was paid before a single penny of innocent peoples or national money was ever considered!

Ok, now that my righteous indignation has been voiced, i give this proposal a very low possiblity of comming to fruition. Hopefully common sense will dismiss this and hold the perpetrators totally and solely responsible.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    good idea, maybe this would be a stepping stone of taxing religion.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"A Politician will promise to build a bridge were there is no water" - Winston Churchill

Ironic, considering that Churchill was, among other things, a politician.

• macys
    macys
    I just want to know: HOW MUCH WILL THE JDUB CULT HAVE TO PAY? ENOUGH TO SHUT IT DOWN?
  • Simon
    Simon
    There are many that the Government already provides funds to or give generous tax breaks just so they can exist.

Exactly ... they don't even pay taxes in the first place so they wouldn't even contribute a smidgeon to the moneys paid?!

They get money off the government and then the government picks up the cheque for their misdeeds? No thank you.

MAKE THEM PAY FOR THEIR CRIME

• under the radar
    under the radar

No government (read "taxpayers") should pay any part of any redress scheme. The guilty parties and the organizations that covered up for them should be the ones paying.

I think religions should be taxed the same as any other "business." Only actual charitable activities like providing meals and housing for the destitute or victims of disaster should be exempted. No "teaching English" or "providing cultural education" bull-crap as a ruse for proselytizing. No shuffling money around from "charity" to "charity" to hide their wealth. No special treatment or protections not available to any other business.

More important, religion should no longer be something one can hide behind and expect exemptions from the laws that everyone else must obey. "Believe what you want, but you may not impose those beliefs on anyone else nor demand that they comply with those beliefs outside your own home." Freedom to believe is near absolute. Freedom to act on those beliefs is not.

To me, the "Establishment Clause" of the US Constitution means that the government may not endorse or support or give any special consideration to any religion or belief system. Would that that were so...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit