Let's Talk Horror Movies

by LoveUniHateExams 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Get out is actually very good.

Do you think they saw that shit comin'? HELL NO! Okay? They was comin' over there like, "Oh I guess I'ma just suck a lil' dick, maybe jiggle some balls and shit." Naw! They didn't get a chance to jiggle shit because they head was off they fuckin' body!

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Gerald's Game, a 2017 American psychological horror film directed and edited by Mike Flanagan and written by Jeff Howard and Flanagan. It is based on Stephen King's 1992 novel of the same name

Split , a 2016 American psychological horror thriller film and the second installment in the Unbreakable trilogy written, directed, and produced by M. Night Shyamalan

Hold the Dark, a 2018movie , Blood, Snow and Wolves Are Just the Tip of Thriller’s Iceberg. ‘Green Room’ filmmaker Jeremy Saulnier’s art-horror adaptation .

Rebirth a 2016 movie, a weekend retreat involving a self-help program called "Rebirth," but what seems like an opportunity , soon turns into a surrealistic nightmare

Zing
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, I saw Night of the Living Dead (1968) - it is a free movie available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA5kk8LB7BQ

Yeah, it was pretty good. For me, the zombie subgenre still isn't my favourite type of horror film. Maybe I'll feel differently if I bought/saw Dawn of the Dead (1978). Of course, Romero has done other movies, such as Martin (1978) and Creepshow (1982).

• blondie
    blondie

I was searching for free movies on Directv, and ran across a lot of older horror films. Like Freddy Krueger, Jason, etc. Never liked though, mostly just blood and guts.

I prefer the ones that scare the crap out of me without ever needing blood and guts to make it scary. Can anyone think of some that they remember like that?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Blondie - the first 'Freddy movie' is actually very good, more about atmosphere than gore - A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYusx_mGnI

Also, if you haven't seen Alien (1979) then I'd recommend that. The first Halloween film is also very good - lots of tension and suspense, with literally no gore: Halloween (1978).

Here's a few more ...

Psycho (1960)

Black Christmas (1974)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Cabin in the Woods...

...hands down, the best mind-fuck in recent horror history.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i cant be bothered with horror films. they dont scare me--i just think they are stupid. and i wouldnt call some mentioned on here as horror at all.

jaws for instance. suspense--yes--horror no. watched it loads of times. gets better each time.

• blondie
    blondie

Now at home, I lived a real horror story, complete with abusive father and a mother who did nothing to stop him. Yes, I have talked to some other people with similar backgrounds, the real stories are terrifying. Can't turn off the tv or walk out of the theater.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm sorry to hear that, Blondie.

The late Wes Craven once said something like: 'horror movies allow society to feel fear and relief and this is an acceptable outlet. Real life can be worse than horror movies' - something like that.

What do you make of this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit