One Question to ask any JW that will blow their end times out of the water

by maccauk 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Ask any JW this one question

...or don't. Just live your life and let them live theirs.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just so you know, Apostle just means messenger, or emissary.

Dubs could, in theory if they were educated in Biblical Greek enough, claim their C.O.'s are apostles....so yes, they are still around.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

I always thought it was just jw's that struggled to understand which period of time is ' the last days '.

There are as many different theories as there are agendas for believing one or the other.

Asserting the end times didn't occur in the first century is great for membership of modern adventist religions.

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Maccauk. You getting all this from god or his book or jesus or did you debunk all the other holy books that make other claims from their gods? Just asking, because if you were born in Japan or India or Isreal or Iraq etc. What would you be proclaiming as your reality/ Just asking no worries. Not looking for an augument just historical reality and some science behind your thinking. Afterall everlasting life is on the line according to what you say here.I DON'T BELIEVE A WORD OF IT. I was a watchtower slave for 33 years and served in many areas even eating with the past dead governing body members. Now don't get yourself in a uproar just give be some real proof of what you are preaching here. I'm in my seventies now with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Can you help me out,you would be the first one. As Elvis would say,Thank You Thank You very much. If you can't I understand.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My take is that you have failed to interpret Matthew 24,Luke 21, Mark 13 properly.

There are 2 different Greek words translated as "coming"; one (erchomai) is used to describe a judgment from heaven against Jerusalem; the other (parousia) is the word applied singularly to the future personal coming of Christ to earth to judge the world (not just Jerusalem).

The Future Second Coming (Parousia) of Christ and its Distinctiveness:

(Worldwide Event, Normal Times, No Signs Given, Timing impossible to Anticipate, No Running Necessary, Saints Taken)

36 “But of that day and hour knows no one, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.” 37 “And as were the days of Noah, so shall be the coming (parousia) of the Son of man.”
    38 “For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they knew not until the flood came, and took them all away. So shall be the coming (parousia) of the Son of man.”
    39 “Take heed, watch and pray, for you do not know when the time is, lest haply your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day come on you suddenly as a snare, for so will it come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth.”
    40 “But watch you at every season, making supplication, that you may prevail to escape all these things that will come about, and to stand before the Son of man.”

41 “It is as when a man, sojourning in another country, having left his house, and given authority to his servants, to each one his work, commanded also the porter to watch.”
    42 “Watch therefore, for you do not know when the lord of the house is coming, whether at eventide, or at midnight, or at cock-crowing, or in the morning, lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say to you I say to all, Watch.”

43 “Then will two men be in the field, one is taken, and one is left. Two women will be grinding at the mill, one is taken, and one is left. Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have watched, and would not have allowed his house to be broken through.
    44 “Therefore you also be ready, for in an hour that you do not think the Son of man is coming.”

• never a jw
    never a jw

who would have thought that 2000 years later millions would still be debating the words of a delusional hippie who got crucified by the Romans.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

If I were still a dub , I would reply that Jesus' followers were not appointed as apostles (with Holy Spirit) until the time of Pentecost some after his death and ascension to Heaven .... So at the time he said it, they were not apostles

NB Matthias and Paul were of course appointed later

The JW interpretation of this is that Jesus was referring to the transfiguration, which occurs a few days later.

Which is crazy - what are the chances that a number (possibly the majority) would die in the next 6 days?

And given that none of them did, it's also a false prediction.

The hoops that JW's and other Christians have to jump through to explain this scripture away!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

When messiah returned for his elect in 70ad

But the Apostle John lived beyond 70ad - why was he left behind?

• waton
    waton

he was not left behind, to the contrary, , he went ahead, when he "found himself in the Lord's day" that started in 1914. listening to the trumpets, appointing of the FDS...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If the NT is a bunch of lies - end of discussion. But let's consider that The NT is true: Then Jesus was resurrected and before ascending to heaven, he was seen by few and after he ascended he communicated with Paul and John and gave evidence of his presence. Point is that there was solid evidence - but not to everyone. The ironic scripture and one of my favorites "The kingdom of God is in your midsts." -People can't see the hidden elephant in plain sight. After Jesus was resurrected, there was no main concern about healing the blind , etc. or ending human suffering. The main focus was to establish a church and to spread Chrisianity all over the world. Jesus was at first according to the scriptures with the Christian movement but then xtians became lion food and the movement continued until the sword to a persons neck transformed a person to xtianity. For aprox a couple thousand years, the movement continued all over the world through Babylon the Great using the inquisition, the crusades and other methods of conversion to Christianity. -Absolute horror! : the native Americans, the Blacks, any creature that opposed the Church, etc. -Then came 1914 to an already Christianized world, the end of the Gentile Times, Jesus appears again and the main concern is the church and the JW Christian movement.

But here is the thing, the evil that the xtian church has done does not invalidate the good that Jesus taught and did or Bible Christianity. The question is why did Jesus not stay with the church he started in 33 CE? Assuming the NT, the only logical answer is Satan, Gentile Times, -and the Parousia at a later date. ( not saying this later date is 1914 )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit