Relaxed rules toward oral sex?

by Socrateswannabe 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Aren't those versus quoted relating to a period of courtship, not marriage?

I doubt it with reference sexual intimacy...

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember coming home from a BBQ that was only for "brothers" while the "sisters" were having a little get-together in one of their houses. When i got home my then-wife told me that the sisters had been talking about it and if it's "allowed". The elders wives except one all said it wasn't for Christians, the one elders wife that thought it was ok was a hot younger woman too.

My ex's friends decided that to be on the safe side they'd stop doing it.

This isnt a cult or anything.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I've always regarded oral sex as being extremely affectionate, so that blows the JW argument about perversion right out the water.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Been reading the OP and replies.

And it's absolutely nuts.

What couples consent to do in private is strictly their business. They certainly mustn't be made to feel bad about it.

As someone used say ... let's review - it's a cult.

PS - there is one oral sex rule that I think should be obeyed: brush your teeth afterwards.

• steve2
    steve2

As a young man who read about oral sex in JW publications, I wrongly thought it was when people talked about sex. It was years later I belatedly blushed when it dawned on me what oral sex involved.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It might have something to do with being referenced at a later time just in case they want to lighten the rules.

But the last part is more telling.

Christian marriage partners should treat each other with tenderness.

Seems to me, they want to suggest husbands stop beating their wives.

• minimus
    minimus

Doctor who .... 👍👍

• careful
    careful

Chook,

What publication is that from, CO Guidebook, Branch Organization, or what?

• Chook
    Chook

Careful, it's from corespondent guidelines ( revised April 2011)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

once we had a talk where if you didn't know before, you sure did after. young elder, wife hot enough to get even us happily married guys thinking.

And I can't help but think he and she had done personal research on what was forbidden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit