Allegheny Pyramid Desecrated

by RolRod 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Earnest
    Earnest

Slidin Fast, Russell's grave with head stone is still near to the site where the pyramid was, as can be seen in this video.

here.

• Rafe
    Rafe

Of course it was the WTS because they legally owned the site and the monument.

The owners of a personal tombstone in registration are the only ones that can legally do this, usually done so with knowledge and notification of the owners of the cemetery .

My personal guess is that the WTS will never put it back.

The damage that was done to it could have been repaired while in place.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Maybe replace it with a blue magic sign.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

It's interesting how quickly the society sprung into action to remove the pyramid. It was vandalized only 2 or 3 weeks ago. They couldn't wait to take it down.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The pieces of the pyramid are being stored at the Coraopolis Assembly Hall garage for now. It had deteriorated to the point that there was a possibility of it falling in on itself. If a "person" was near it and injured, there could have been a lawsuit against the WT since they do own the plots there. I don't think the WT would have liked that. Now I'm not saying this to favor or defend the WT society, but it makes common sense to either fix it or remove it. It provided an excellent excuse to get rid of something that sheds unwanted light on their past history. Not much different than removing confederate statues from various states to forget, deny, or rewrite their legacy.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Reddit post is reporting some work at the site of Russell's missing pyramid:

edited to add 'photo by Timothy Thompson'

r/exjw - There is some sort of construction work going on where Charles Taze Russell's monument once stood. Photos courtesy of Timothy Thompson

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Well there'll have had to replace it with something because I believe there were memorials to 9 people inscribed on the pyramid?

I think Russell has a tombstone elsewhere in the cemetery, but I'm not sure the others do.

I doubt they'll replace it with another pyramid, though. Probably a simple headstone of some kind?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Russell's actual headstone is still intact, and appears in the previous photo on the front left. I am beginning to think they may actually put the pyramid back in some altered state. Parts of it were damaged after all and would need either repaired (never easy to do with stone) or replicated.

Grave art is a field of study all its own, and this pyramid was/is an interesting example.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Someone posted this on facebook. The Watchtower replaced the pyramids by these stones

• waton
    waton

if these are wt old timers, partakers, ranging in age at death from `40 to 80, with an overlap of 20 years each, that would give them only 1914 + 80= 1994 as the date of the endgame. failed already.

better to go with David Splane's overlapping groups of super centenariens, older than Fr. Fr. Franz,( 1914 + 161= 2075. )

No disrespect for the dead intended, decorate, seed flowers on that bleak site instead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit